Great teams start with good chemistry.
WHO WE ARE
We are a company where people matter.
We are family driven.
We are financially strong.
And we are looking for problem-solvers to join our growing team.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The primary purpose of this position is principally responsible for the selection of suppliers and negotiating contracts with suppliers to maximize net profitability for the company. This position also develops strategic and tactical procurement initiatives and activities through a value-added approach that consistently meets the expectations of internal and external customers.
- Manage assigned product responsibilities by:
- Coordinating and negotiating sourcing activities for assigned spend.
- Partnering with suppliers to drive innovation, cost reduction and continuous improvement.
- Providing timely and professional responses to internal and external customers that will lead to the acquisition of new business.
- Working with internal customers to identify, understand and translate sourcing needs.
- Developing and implementing new business strategies for key products and/or product lines.
- Act as a liaison between customers (internal and external) and suppliers.
- Improve gross margins for product responsibilities by:
- Driving, documenting and reporting cost eliminations or cost reductions.
- Identifying and executing supply chain improvements on assigned spend.
- Analyzing account/product gross margin data and implementing appropriate action plans.
- Communicating market conditions to sales through cost change notifications (CCN), monthly and quarterly market reports.
- Obtain new business by:
- Working with and following up with sales on new opportunities
- Making sales calls with sales where applicable.
- Proactively promote new and existing products, and new sources of supply.
- Develop and deliver clear category management plans that will include but not limited to:
- Evaluating existing supply relationships, volume allocations and spend.
- Set goals and objectives based upon annual requirements and business objectives.
- Review with impacted business leaders for alignment.
- Uphold Hydrite’s Standard of Excellence through a continuous commitment to maintain quality facilities and provide quality products and services to internal and external customers.
- Participate in RCRA, regulatory, health & safety and process training activities as required. Review changes/additions with your supervisor. Must be RCRA compliant.
- Contribute to periodic market updates for internal and external customers.
- Improve personal skill levels in the following areas:
- Development and execution of strategic plans.
- Negotiation skills,
- Understanding and communicating Hydrite’s competitive advantages to both sales and suppliers,
- Public Speaking and sales presence.
- Works with other staff members to maintain workload balances. Provides back-up support as necessary.
- Supports effective communication with all Hydrite departments where responsibilities overlap to ensure success of the branch team.
- This position reports to Director of Strategic Sourcing.
- Works with Sales, Operations, Business Support, TS&D, SQRA, and Accounting.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL CRITERIA
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent is required. Technical degree preferred.
- Prior purchasing or sales experience required.
- Experience in chemical manufacturing setting is preferred.
- 10 + years of Hydrite or relevant experience.
- High degree of professional integrity, ethics and confidentiality.
- Comprehensive knowledge of chemical business and suppliers, required to develop right solutions/ strategies.
- Ability to work across cultures and geographies.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Must be self- motivated with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment with shifting priorities.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and have an acceptable motor vehicle driving record.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Power Point, Word, and Excel required.
- Must have communication and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to read, write, and speak English.
At Hydrite, developing our people is the key to our growth and our success. The list below includes other positions that a person who has successfully mastered this role could potentially move into and/or other responsibilities this role could eventually take on:
- Procurement Manager
- Director of Procurement/Sourcing
- And many others!
Benefits and perks include three retirement plans (401k, pension and profit sharing), medical/dental/vision/life insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, legal services insurance, scholarship awards for children of employees, summer picnic, community giving events, free family wellness coaching including nutritionist and fitness coach.
WANT TO STAY CONNECTED? FIND US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/hydrite-chemical-co-
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/hydrite
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bs_493NR8RI
Learn more about Hydrite on our website: www.hydrite.com