Great teams start with good chemistry.
WHO WE ARE
We are a company where people matter.
We are family driven.
We are financially strong.
And we are looking for problem-solvers to join our growing team.
The primary purpose of this position is to coordinate and lead the legal affairs and corporate governance of the Company in a manner that supports the Company’s commitment to quality and 100% customer satisfaction of internal and external customers.
As Hydrite's General Counsel, primary responsibilities include:
- Assure that the long-range needs of the Company are met in all legal matters
- Coordinate and organize the legal affairs of the Company with outside counsel while minimizing outside legal expenditures
- Provide oversight of matters being handled by the Company’s outside law firms including corporate, litigation, environmental, and human resource matters
- Draft, negotiate, review, and edit agreements with outside parties ensuring the Company’s best long-term success
- Act as a liaison and partner for Company’s commercial team
- Act as a liaison and partner for Company’s regulatory and quality teams
- Provide legal counsel on issues arising from actual or anticipated lawsuits, guard against legal risks facing the Company, and recommend company policy and position on legal issues
- Maintain master templates for confidentiality agreements, supply agreements, manufacturing (tolling), and other agreements as necessary
- Assure that the long-term needs of the Company are met in the areas of acquisitions, divestitures, and capital structure
- Complete acquisitions and property purchases as necessary
- Provide assistance to the Board of Directors regarding corporate governance matters
- Uphold the Company’s Standard of Excellence through a continuous commitment to maintain quality facilities and provide quality products and services to internal and external customers
- Perform all duties outlined in relevant SOPPs and all other duties to be assigned
- Participate in RCRA, regulatory, health & safety, and process training activities as required Ensure the Company’s compliance with all laws and regulations
- This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer
- Direct report is company Legal Specialist
- Works closely with and supports Human Resources, Finance, Sales, Procurement, Operations, Engineering, and Safety, Quality, and Regulatory Affairs personnel of the Company
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL CRITERIA
- Juris Doctorate Degree with a minimum of 10 years of experience, combined at a law firm and/or as an in-house attorney in a corporate legal department
- Commercial law background and experience in contract negotiation
- Demonstrated ability to learn business requirements quickly, analyze legal and business risks, and propose creative, business-oriented solutions
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to read, write, and speak English
- Must be proficient with personal computer applications, including Microsoft Office
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills
Benefits and perks include three retirement plans (401k, pension and profit sharing), medical/dental/vision/life insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, legal services insurance, scholarship awards for children of employees, summer picnic, community giving events, free family wellness coaching including nutritionist and fitness coach.
WANT TO STAY CONNECTED? FIND US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/hydrite-chemical-co-
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/hydrite
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bs_493NR8RI