Great teams start with good chemistry.
WHO WE ARE
We are a company where people matter.
We are family driven.
We are financially strong.
And we are looking for problem-solvers to join our growing team.
The primary purpose of this position is to supervise QC personnel and administer functions of branch QC laboratory. Provide technical support to production and sales. Perform required quality control analysis of incoming, manufactured and outgoing material. Ensure all Quality Assurance/Quality Control practices and procedures are followed. As QC Manager, primary responsibilities include:
- Supervise QC personnel and administer functions of branch QC laboratory.
- Prioritize and direct daily laboratory activities to help meet production requirements.
- Enforce proper laboratory safety by serving as the Chemical Hygiene Officer.
- Develop or update and implement Quality Control procedures for continual QC improvement.
- Guides employee performance and development through the use of daily communication and annual performance evaluations.
- Prepare and administer laboratory budget.
- Justify and request Lab-related Capital Improvement Projects as needed and insure projects are completed successfully on time within budget.
- Address customer product complaints and returns through investigation and analysis, and process laboratory portion of Complaint/Return paperwork in conjunction with the use of the SIMs system. Suggest corrective actions.
- Provide operations with timely material acceptance/rejection decisions, technical assistance during the manufacture of new products and/or resolution of manufacturing/quality problems.
- All staff members are responsible for reporting food safety problems to their supervisor or the SQF Practitioner upon observation of a known or potential issue.
- Manage Environmental Monitoring Program at the facility.
- Enter NCPs in Maximo for customer complaints and send timely response letters to customers.
- Perform liaison function between quality control and operations on review and implementation of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and quality practices and in resolving quality issues.
- Maintain a professional attitude and demeanor at all times and treat others with courtesy and respect and respond to all requests in a professional manner.
- Assist with the compiling of information for the "Monthly QC Laboratory Report."
- Perform instrument maintenance, calibrations, quality control checks, solution preparations, and solution standardization.
- Member of the branch management team and attend supervisors’ meetings.
- Works with other staff members to maintain workload balances. Provides back-up support as necessary.
- Supports effective communication with all Hydrite departments where responsibilities overlap to ensure success of the branch team.
- This position reports to the Product Quality Manager.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL CRITERIA
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field is required- preferable chemistry, bio-chemistry, biology.
- Three years minimum with Five years Quality Control and supervisory experience preferred.
- Must have good presentation and interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate in English.
- Proficiency in computer skills and good working knowledge with all MS Office applications
- Ability to accurately transfer written and verbal information and documentation and enter data into existing computer system.
- Must have communication and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to read, write and speak English.
- Ability to work in plant where temperatures range from 10 degrees up to 100 degrees Fahrenheit
- Able to perform manual dexterity tasks
- Ability to sit or stand up to 4 hrs at a time
- Ability to work in confined spaces
- Occasional turning, twisting, stooping, bending, and reaching
- Due to safety concerns, the wearing of contact lenses is prohibited.
- Ability to climb ladders and stairways up to 50 feet in height several times a day.
Benefits and perks include three retirement plans (401k, pension and profit sharing), medical/dental/vision/life insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, legal services insurance, scholarship awards for children of employees, summer picnic, community giving events, free family wellness coaching including nutritionist and fitness coach.
Watch this Why Hydrite video to find out: https://vimeo.com/201673899
WANT TO STAY CONNECTED? FIND US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/hydrite-chemical-co-
- Facebook: facebook.com/hydrite
Learn more about Hydrite on our website: www.hydrite.com/careers