Great teams start with good chemistry.
WHO WE ARE
We are a company where people matter.
We are family driven.
We are financially strong.
And we are looking for problem-solvers to join our growing team.
We’re searching for experienced Drivers to join our business family. Our drivers are typically home daily. In this specialized truck driving role, you will:
- Deliver Hydrite product.
- Inspect assigned unit daily and report any items, including the personal safety kit, which need repair or replacement.
- Support effective communication with all Hydrite departments where responsibilities overlap to ensure success of the branch team.
- Review shipping papers and compare to lading to ensure that correct product is loaded.
- Pick up any empty Hydrite containers at each stop, if available.
- Inspects assigned unit daily and reports any items, including the personal safety kit, which need repair or replacement. Keeps the unit clean and in good working condition.
- Reviews shipping papers and compares to lading to ensure that correct product is loaded and all special instructions are followed.
- Delivers Hydrite product as assigned location, documenting any deviation, and reporting to Warehouse Supervisor.
- Picks up any empty Hydrite containers at each stop, if available.
- Uphold Hydrite’s Standard of Excellence through a continuous commitment to maintain quality facilities and provide quality products and services to internal and external customers.
- Perform all duties outlined in relevant SOPs and all other duties to be assigned.
- Participate in RCRA, regulatory, health & safety and process training activities as required.
- Review changes/additions with your supervisor. Must be RCRA compliant.
- Complies with all established SOPs, Safety and RCEP policies.
- Completes all required paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintains good housekeeping practices on trailer, tractor, and warehouse.
- Must manage any wastes in accordance with applicable SOPs, including labeling, storage, and profiling.
- Works with other staff members to maintain workload balances. Provide backup support as necessary.
- Supports effective communication with all Hydrite departments where responsibilities overlap to ensure success of the branch team.
This position reports to the Transportation Supervisor.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL CRITERIA
- Knowledge and understanding of applicable DOT regulations as well as required licenses and permits.
- Must possess a valid CDL with HN endorsements and current DOT physical certification.
- Must have an acceptable motor vehicle driving record.
- Ability to operate a forklift; previous experience preferred.
- Must be able to accurately transfer written and verbal information and enter data into existing computer system.
- Must have communication and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Must be able to work in an un-cooled warehouse facility where temperatures may reach 100° Fahrenheit.
- Ability to lift a 50 pound bag and carry it 50 feet up to 40 times/day.
- Ability to roll a 3325 pound cylinder the length of the trailer up to 5 times/day, 5 days/week.
- Ability to push a barrel cart holding up to 750 pounds up to 20 times/day.
- Ability to wear a respirator for up to 4 hours a day. Please refer to the SOP for facial hair guidelines.
- Due to safety concerns, the wearing of contact lenses is prohibited.
Developing our people is key to our growth and our team success. The list below includes other positions that you could move into once you've successfully mastered your role.
1. Warehouse Supervisor
2. Transportation Supervisor
3. Logistics Coordinator
Benefits and perks include three retirement plans (401k, pension and profit sharing), medical/dental/vision/life insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, legal services insurance, scholarship awards for children of employees, summer picnic, community giving events, free family wellness coaching including nutritionist and fitness coach.
Watch this Why Hydrite video to find out: https://vimeo.com/201673899
WANT TO STAY CONNECTED? FIND US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/hydrite-chemical-co-
- Facebook: facebook.com/hydrite