Great teams start with good chemistry.
WHO WE ARE
We are a company where people matter.
We are family driven.
We are financially strong.
And we are looking for problem-solvers to join our growing team.
The primary purpose of this position is to maintain the facility at a high state of operational readiness thereby prolonging the useful life of all facilities and equipment. Work with management and contractors to ensure the successful installation of all improvements and new projects. This position will uphold the Hydrite “Standards of Excellence” through continuous commitment to customer satisfaction, both internal and external.
- Maintain building and plant equipment, including boilers, working with Facility Supervisor to determine priorities.
- Maintain preventive maintenance schedule for buildings and equipment.
- Is responsible for the management and security of maintenance tools and equipment inventory.
- Respond to the needs of the facility quickly and efficiently to minimize production disruptions.
- Maintain “Good Housekeeping” practices in maintenance work area.
- Support effective communication with all Hydrite departments where responsibilities overlap to ensure success of the branch team. Effective shift change communication both written and verbal.
- Ability to assemble, maintain, and repair vacuum pumps, blowers, and piping.
- Perform skilled assembly, repairs, and maintenance operations, using equipment such as hand and power tools, hydraulic presses and shears, and welding equipment (MIG & TIG).
- Be an active member of the emergency response team.
- Maintain regulatory compliance (RCRA, SWPPP, and OSHA regulations) in assigned areas.
- Perform all duties outlined in relevant SOPs and all other duties to be assigned.
- All staff members are responsible for reporting food safety problems to their supervisor or the SQF Practitioner upon observation of a known or potential issue.
- Uphold Hydrite’s Standard of Excellence through a continuous commitment to maintain quality facilities and provide quality products and services to internal and external customers.
- Participate in RCRA, regulatory, health & safety and process training activities as required. Review changes/additions with your supervisor. Must be RCRA compliant.
- Maintain a clean and safe maintenance area.
- Assist with the management of onsite contractors as requested.
- Attend off-site training related to the operations and/or maintenance of existing or proposed equipment utilized in the plant.
- Works with other staff members to maintain workload balances. Provides back-up support as necessary.
- Supports effective communication with all Hydrite departments where responsibilities overlap to ensure success of the branch team.
- This position reports to the Maintenance Supervisor
EDUCATIONAL CRITERIA AND KNOWLEDGE
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Must have the following basic maintenance skills and/or experience: welding, electrical wiring, plumping, pipe fitting and carpentry. Some heating/refrigeration experience also helpful.
- Must have or be willing to obtain State of Wisconsin Boiler Operator certification within one year of employment.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of MS Office. Previous Maintenance Management system experience preferred.
- Ability to accurately transfer written and verbal information and documentation and enter data into existing computer system.
- Must have communication and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Must have an acceptable driving record.
- Ability to sit, stand, and climb stairs for up to 12 hours per day.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 100 lbs. 10-20 feet up to 10 times/day; ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds, frequently.
- Able to climb ladders and work at heights up to 50 feet, on occasion; as well as drop ladder into/pull out of tanks and put into position.
- Ability to work in a warehouse facility where temperatures may range from -10 up to 100 degrees Fahrenheit; as well as work outside in all weather conditions; snow, rain, wind, and high humidity.
- Must be able to pull/push equipment and/or piping weighing up to 100 pounds into position for 1 -2 minutes up to 40 times a day.
- Able to perform manual dexterity tasks.
- Ability to work in confined spaces.
- Occasional turning, twisting, stooping, bending, and reaching.
- Able to wear a hairnet and beard net, if applicable, with a hard hat.
- No exposed jewelry in body piercings when in a GMP production area.
- Ability to wear a respirator for up to 4 hours a day. Please refer to the SOP for facial hair guidelines.
- Due to safety concerns, the wearing of contact lenses is prohibited.
- Ability to wear SCBA and additional personal protective equipment.
Developing our people is key to our growth and our team success. The list below includes other positions that you could move into once you've successfully mastered your role.
1. Production or Warehouse Supervisor
4. Customer Service
5. Production Scheduler
Benefits and perks include three retirement plans (401k, pension and profit sharing), medical/dental/vision/life insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, legal services insurance, scholarship awards for children of employees, summer picnic, community giving events, free family wellness coaching including nutritionist and fitness coach.
Watch this Why Hydrite video to find out: https://vimeo.com/201673899
WANT TO STAY CONNECTED? FIND US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/hydrite-chemical-co-
- Facebook: facebook.com/hydrite
Learn more about Hydrite on our website: www.hydrite.com/careers