Great teams start with good chemistry.
WHO WE ARE
We are a company where people matter.
We are family driven.
We are financially strong.
And we are looking for problem-solvers to join our growing team.
The primary purpose of this position is to manage the day-to-day activities for the manufacturing at Waterloo as it pertains to safety, operations, environment, compliance, filling customer orders, and administrative functions. This position also supports the introduction of new products, processes and equipment, and drives efficiency improvements for existing production methods.
- Resource management, including personnel selection and capital expenditure justification to optimize opportunities.
- Assure compliance to all regulations as dictated by FDA, DOT, EPA, DNR, OSHA, and other governmental agencies.
- Investigate, author, recommend and/or implement policies and procedures to improve facility performances.
- Coordinate and direct daily activities of all production.
- Review daily production schedule and direct activities to meet customer needs.
- Ensure plant equipment capacities and plant resources are aligned with product demand.
- Evaluate and recommend necessary staffing levels to support production.
- Review all expenses and maintain costs in support of annual budget.
- Continually evaluate, recommend and implement process changes to improve production efficiency.
- Identify and implement cost reduction opportunities.
- Follow-up and document incident investigations and customer complaints.
- Facilitate the introduction of new products into the plant.
- Works with the SQRA corporate department to ensure safety, regulatory, and compliance training is conducted to meet Hydrite and Regulatory agency requirements. Must be RCRA compliant.
- Maintains programs and policies to ensure a highly effective and motivated workforce.
- Participate in RCRA, regulatory, health & safety and process training activities as required. Review changes/additions with your supervisor. Must be RCRA compliant.
- Uphold Hydrite’s Standard of Excellence through a continuous commitment to maintain quality facilities and provide quality products and services to internal and external customers
- Perform all duties outlined in relevant SOPs and all other duties to be assigned.
- All staff members are responsible for reporting food safety problems to their supervisor or the SQF Practitioner upon observation of a known or potential issue.
- Guides employee performance and development through the use of daily communication and annual performance evaluations
- Support the overall Strategic Plan effort and goals for the entire facility, including safety, cost reduction, quality, backorders, budget, etc.
- Project development and management.
- Develop new and existing product SOPs, as needed.
- Active member of Emergency Response Team.
- Works with other staff members to maintain workload balances. Provides back-up support as necessary.
- Supports effective communication with all Hydrite departments where responsibilities overlap to ensure success of the branch team.
- This position reports to the Regional Director of Operations.
- This position directly manages the Production Managers and Supervisors.
- This position indirectly manages the Shift Supervisors, operators and utility workers.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL CRITERIA
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- Graduate degree a plus.
- Minimum of 5-10 years management experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Power Point, Word, and Excel required.
- Must have communication and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Ability to remain seated for up to four hours at a time, ability to stand for an extended period of time.
- Ability to sit, stand, and climb stairs for up to 10 hours per day.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, occasionally
- Able to climb ladders and work at heights up to 50 feet, on occasion.
- Able to perform manual dexterity tasks.
- Ability to operate a forklift; previous experience preferred.
- Must be able to work in an un-cooled warehouse facility where temperatures may reach 100° Fahrenheit.
- Occasional turning, twisting, stooping, bending, and reaching.
- Able to wear a hairnet and beard net, if applicable, with a hard hat.
- No exposed jewelry in body piercings when in a GMP production area.
- Due to safety concerns, the wearing of contact lenses is prohibited.
- Ability to wear a respirator for up to 4 hours a day. Please refer to the SOP for facial hair guidelines.
- Ability to wear SCBA and additional personal protective equipment.
Benefits and perks include three retirement plans (401k, pension and profit sharing), medical/dental/vision/life insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, legal services insurance, scholarship awards for children of employees, summer picnic, community giving events, free family wellness coaching including nutritionist and fitness coach.
Watch this Why Hydrite video to find out: https://vimeo.com/201673899
WANT TO STAY CONNECTED? FIND US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/hydrite-chemical-co-
- Facebook: facebook.com/hydrite
Learn more about Hydrite on our website: www.hydrite.com/careers