Great teams start with good chemistry.
WHO WE ARE
We are a company where people matter.
We are family driven.
We are financially strong.
And we are looking for problem-solvers to join our growing team.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide timely and accurate information to our Sales and Operations teams in order to provide best in class internal and external Customer Satisfaction that exceeds expectations. As Business Support Assistant, primary responsibilities include:
- Assist or manage all sales related customer requirements for new and existing customers, which includes:
- Entering IRF’s.
- Determine Best Ship From Locations.
- Communication of Recommended Safety Stock Levels (Sales, Operations / Branch Buyers).
- Entering and Maintaining Customer Specific Request’s (CSR’s).
- Obtain and Distribute SDS’s, Tech Sheet’s, Spec Sheet’s, Certificates of Analysis and Kosher Certificates as requested.
- In collaboration with Corporate Purchasing, provide cost information for new and existing products.
- Process Costing and Pricing requests from the Field. This should include analysis of current manufacturing branch or vendor to assure optimal cost advantages.
- Utilize the Cost Change Notification (CCN) to manage CSR pricing for Sales.
- Respond to all profitability queries from the Field; follow up with the Field to resolution.
- Review logistics / trucking arrangements with Transportation to assure optimal freight efficiencies for each transaction and that costs are properly accounted for in the sale.
- Assist with emergency freight situations as requested.
- Daily Reviews:
- Low margin invoices and orders.
- Freight analysis.
- Review Backorders and Short Shipped Orders for corrective and preventative actions to avoid future occurrences.
- Weekly review of the “Potential Lost Business Report” (60 Day No Sales Report). Communicate findings to the appropriate Sales representative for mitigation.
- Facilitate empty tote returns based on geography. Help determine and develop best practice for supplying bulk vs. returnable totes vs. one way totes vs. drums.
- Review customer complaints and returns, including working with sales and branch contacts to move “discontinued use” product in the most efficient way possible.
- Work with all branches to schedule customer audits and inspections.
- Participate in RCRA, regulatory, health & safety and process training activities as required. Review changes/additions with your supervisor. Must be RCRA compliant.
- Uphold Hydrite’s Standard of Excellence through a continuous commitment to maintain quality facilities and provide quality products and services to internal and external customers.
- Perform all duties outlined in relevant SOPs and all other duties to be assigned.
- All staff members are responsible for reporting food safety problems to their supervisor of the SQF Practioner upon observation of a known or potential issue.
- Regular attendance and timely completion of tasks is essential.
- Document activity for general follow up support.
- Work with other branch office employees to maintain work balances. Provide back-up support for Customer Service and Branch Buying as necessary.
- Occasional work on weekends and holidays
- Responsible for the support of company policy including 100% completion of applicable new and revised SOPP self- review and mandatory training.
- Must display positive and professional manner at all times and treats other employees with courtesy and respect.
- Commit to achieving and maintaining the highest degree of quality and service possible for our customers, both internal and external.
- This position reports to the Regional Operations Director.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL CRITERIA
- High School degree or equivalent required, college degree in Accounting or Business is strongly preferred.
- At least one year experience in a customer service or administrative sales support role in an office or manufacturing environment.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Power Point, Word, and Excel required.
- Must possess strong people skills.
- Must have preoccupation with customer service and quality.
- Must have communication and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Ability to attend meetings. Ability to sit/stand and work at a computer terminal, and/or talk on the telephone up to 4 hours at a time.
- Occasional turning, twisting, stooping, bending and reaching.
Benefits and perks include three retirement plans (401k, pension and profit sharing), medical/dental/vision/life insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, legal services insurance, scholarship awards for children of employees, summer picnic, community giving events, free family wellness coaching including nutritionist and fitness coach.
Watch this Why Hydrite video to find out: https://vimeo.com/201673899
WANT TO STAY CONNECTED? FIND US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/hydrite-chemical-co-
- Facebook: facebook.com/hydrite
Learn more about Hydrite on our website: www.hydrite.com/careers