Great teams start with good chemistry.
WHO WE ARE
We are a company where people matter.
We are family driven.
We are financially strong.
And we are looking for problem-solvers to join our growing team.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The primary purpose of this position is to be responsible for the loading and unloading of all rail cars and bulk tankers, at the OS & OW Facility during their shift coverage. In addition this position handles waste material and products associated with the disposal operations.
- Operates and performs other operations tasks for the chemical process as assigned by the shift supervisor and building mangers. Maintaining full compliance with applicable safety and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Comply with all safety and regulatory compliance programs and maintain housekeeping in assigned areas.
- Use the PPE as specified in the SOP's.
- Fill out the regulatory paperwork, inspections, and checklists as assigned meeting the intent of the regulations.
- Maintain regulatory compliance (RCRA, Title V, Air Permits, and OSHA regulations) in assigned areas.
- Move and spot tankers as necessary.
- Load and Unload rail cars, bulk tankers, box trailers, pump drums, dump drums, 50-100 LB sacks and supersacks, and make tank to tank transfers according to established SOP’s.
- Handle waste material and products associated with the disposal operations.
- Fill out the daily and weekly inspections check sheets as assigned.
- Complete prism tasks for material transfers move tickets, material usage, prism logs, and work orders, raw material inventory, produced inventory, and ensure compliance to PRISM and ISO 9001:2008 SOP’s and documentation as directed by the shift supervisor.
- Fill out all vessel batch logs, reports, manifests, check sheets, etc. as assigned.
- Operate processes (adjusting variables such as temperature, pressure, feed rate, sampling, etc.) in accordance with SOP’s; notify shift supervisor of deviations from the SOP’s
- Recommend changes in SOP’s and process-related equipment.
- Uphold Hydrite’s Standard of Excellence through a continuous commitment to maintain quality facilities and provide quality products and services to internal and external customers
- Perform all duties outlined in relevant SOPs and all other duties to be assigned.
- Participate in RCRA, regulatory, health & safety and process training activities as required.
- Review changes/additions with your supervisor. Must be RCRA compliant.
- Be an active member of the emergency response team and associated training.
- Participate in mandatory Environmental, Health, & Safety and process specific training.
- Communicate to shift supervisor or senior operator compliance, safety, and equipment needs as personally identified.
- Communicate production status, problems, and needs to shift supervisor.
- Assist in production areas as needed as directed by shift supervisor and building managers.
- Works with other staff members to maintain workload balances. Provides back-up support as necessary.
- Supports effective communication with all Hydrite departments where responsibilities overlap to ensure success of the branch team.
This position reports to the Warehouse Manager
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL CRITERIA
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Class A CDL required with acceptable Motor Vehicle Record; with Hazardous and tanker endorsements.
- Warehouse experience preferred.
- Forklift operation experience preferred.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of MS Office.
- Must have communication and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Ability to wear a respirator for up to 4 hours a day. Please refer to the SOP for facial hair guidelines.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 60 lbs. frequently.
- Able to stand for up to 12 hours per day.
- Able to climb ladders and work at heights up to 50 feet on occasion.
- Able to perform manual dexterity tasks.
- Due to safety concerns, the wearing of contact lenses is prohibited.
Developing our people is key to our growth and our team success. The list below includes other positions that you could move into once you've successfully mastered your role.
1. Production Lead
2. Production or Warehouse Supervisor
5. Customer Service
6. Production Scheduler
Benefits and perks include three retirement plans (401k, pension and profit sharing), medical/dental/vision/life insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, legal services insurance, scholarship awards for children of employees, summer picnic, community giving events, free family wellness coaching including nutritionist and fitness coach.
Watch this Why Hydrite video to find out: https://vimeo.com/201673899
WANT TO STAY CONNECTED? FIND US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/hydrite-chemical-co-
- Facebook: facebook.com/hydrite
Learn more about Hydrite on our website: www.hydrite.com/careers