Great teams start with good chemistry.
WHO WE ARE
We are a company where people matter.
We are family driven.
We are financially strong.
And we are looking for problem-solvers to join our growing team.
The primary purpose of this position is to deliver Hydrite bulk and/or packaged products to our customers. This position will uphold the Hydrite “Standards of Excellence” through continuous commitment to customer satisfaction, both internal and external. Primary responsibilities for the Driver position include:
- Inspect unit daily and report any needed repairs to the Transportation Supervisor.
- Make assigned bulk or van deliveries adhering to the appropriate SOP’s.
- Keep entire unit clean and in good working order, including the trailers.
- Deliver and pick up products and containers as assigned by the Logistics Coordinator.
- Review all shipping papers and verify that the load is correct exactly as stated, including the container labels. This includes proper use of BOL’s and Certificates of Analyses.
- Follow assigned delivery sequence. Report any deviation immediately. Contact the Logistics Coordinator if you are delayed when making deliveries.
- Follow all special instructions on bill of lading, or as indicated by the Logistics Coordinator.
- Be knowledgeable in and comply with all company work and safety rules, motor carrier safety regulations, state weight laws, and environmental regulations.
- Perform all duties outlined in relevant SOPs and all other duties to be assigned.
- All staff members are responsible for reporting food safety problems to their supervisor or the SQF Practitioner upon observation of a known or potential issue.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL CRITERIA
- Must possess a valid CDL with ABCD/NH endorsement and current DOT physical certification.
- Must have an acceptable driving record.
- Have some basic mechanical ability.
- Ability to operate an electric forklift; previous experience preferred.
- Must be able to start work as early as needed without any supervision.
- Must be able to work a maximum of 15 hours per day.
- Must be able to be dispatched Monday and possibly stay out 1 to 2 days.
- Must have communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Must be able to lift up to 65 lbs. and carry it 60 feet occasionally.
- Must be able to roll 150 pound cylinders of Chlorine and Anhydrous Ammonia 10-20 times per day.
- Must be able to use a barrel cart with up to 750 pounds on it 20-30 times per day.
- Must be able to climb into truck and trailer 10-20 times per day.
- Ability to wear a respirator for up to 4 hours a day. Please refer to the SOP for facial hair guidelines.
Developing our people is key to our growth and our team success. The list below includes other positions that you could move into once you've successfully mastered your role.
1. Warehouse Supervisor
2. Transportation Supervisor
3. Logistics Coordinator
Benefits and perks include three retirement plans (401k, pension and profit sharing), medical/dental/vision/life insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, legal services insurance, scholarship awards for children of employees, summer picnic, community giving events, free family wellness coaching including nutritionist and fitness coach.
Watch this Why Hydrite video to find out: https://vimeo.com/201673899
WANT TO STAY CONNECTED? FIND US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/hydrite-chemical-co-
- Facebook: facebook.com/hydrite
Learn more about Hydrite on our website: www.hydrite.com/careers