Great teams start with good chemistry.
WHO WE ARE
We are a company where people matter.
We are family driven.
We are financially strong.
And we are looking for problem-solvers to join our growing team.
The Maintenance Scheduler will prioritize, plan and schedule, and ensure completion of, requested and preventative maintenance work orders. This position directs the daily activities of the maintenance mechanics, working with the Maintenance Manager as needed for larger scale repairs and projects. Through planning and scheduling work, help maintain the correct levels of inventory needed to complete the work within the schedule. This position must also maintain full compliance with applicable safety and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Plan and schedule preventative and failure maintenance work orders, balancing workload among mechanics and effectively utilizing maintenance skills and abilities.
- Give direction to mechanics in reference to assigned tasks and equipment issues.
- Make judgement calls on maintenance repairs including making the decision on whether to bring in an outside contractor to do the work.
- Prioritize failure maintenance, with responsibility and authority to ensure that repairs are completed in a timely fashion.
- Ensure regulatory work orders are completed and documented as required.
- Coordinate with production to schedule equipment repairs based on production schedule.
- Maintain preventative maintenance schedule and ensure all the documentation is kept current in Maximo.
- Facilitate communication between production and maintenance regarding PMs and repairs, priorities, and Maximo training as needed.
- Serve as the facility’s Maximo super user and is responsible for multiple Maximo administrative roles
- Work with vendors & contractors to schedule and complete failure and preventative maintenance, including ensuring and documenting that all contractors meet required qualifications.
- Develop preventative maintenance and repair job plans based on RAGAGEPs and manufacturers’ recommendations.
- Optimize PM and repair plans by utilizing feedback from mechanics and failure data.
- Improve the asset management system (Maximo) to its fullest capabilities including Preventative Maintenance, Planning, Safety Plans, the spare parts inventory, reporting capabilities for failure analysis.
- Evaluate the ability for maintenance to handle small projects and coordinate projects as requested.
- Participate in RCRA, regulatory, health & safety and process training activities as required. Review changes/additions with your supervisor. Must be RCRA compliant.
- Be an active member of the emergency response team and associated training.
- Uphold Hydrite’s Standard of Excellence through a continuous commitment to maintain quality facilities and provide quality products and services to internal and external customers.
- Back up for the Maintenance Manager and Inventory Specialist.
- The continued development of the maintenance department and the asset management system (Maximo).
- Keep all equipment, processes and instrumentation files current and well organized, including manuals and parts information.
- Participate in training of maintenance related activities for Waterloo staff.
- Recommend changes in SOP’s and process-related equipment.
- Works with staff members to maintain workload balances. Provides back-up support as necessary.
- Supports effective communication with all Hydrite departments where responsibilities overlap to ensure success of the branch team.
- This position reports to the Maintenance Manager.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL CRITERIA
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 5 plus years of Education in maintenance and/or engineering field is a required.
- Prior experience in coordinating maintenance projects.
- Prior experience with maintenance software programs, preferably Maximo.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to read and draw mechanical drawings or diagrams.
- Ability to learn and understand different production/technological processes and equipment.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as strong interpersonal traits.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Ability to wear a respirator for up to 4 hours a day. Please refer to the SOP for facial hair guidelines.
- Due to safety concerns, the wearing of contact lenses is prohibited.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 100 lbs. on occasion; ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. frequently.
- Able to stand for up to 12 hours per day.
- Able to climb ladders and work at heights up to 50 feet on occasion.
- Able to perform manual dexterity tasks.
- Ability to work in confined spaces.
Benefits and perks include three retirement plans (401k, pension and profit sharing), medical/dental/vision/life insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, legal services insurance, scholarship awards for children of employees, summer picnic, community giving events, free family wellness coaching including nutritionist and fitness coach.
Watch this Why Hydrite video to find out: https://vimeo.com/201673899
WANT TO STAY CONNECTED? FIND US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/hydrite-chemical-co-
- Facebook: facebook.com/hydrite
Learn more about Hydrite on our website: www.hydrite.com/careers