Great teams start with good chemistry.
WHO WE ARE
We are a company where people matter.
We are family driven.
We are financially strong.
And we are looking for problem-solvers to join our growing team.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The primary purpose of this position is to lead the Plant’s day to day activities for the areas as they pertain to safety, environmental compliance, customer orders, quality/GMP requirements, and administrative functions. Identify and implement "procedures and systems" to improve operations with emphasis on both the short term and long term company goals. Review and improve new products. This position will uphold the Hydrite "Standards of Excellence" through continuous commitment to customer satisfaction, both internal and external.
- Complete and follow up on all incident and accident investigations.
- Review daily production activities to meet customer requirements.
- Initiate process changes to improve production efficiency.
- Implement and maintain good housekeeping practices.
- Complete training for all direct reports and assure new employees receive required training.
- Follow up and documentation for customer complaints.
- Manage overtime budget.
- Identify and implement cost reduction opportunities.
- Assure timely response to customer issues as they pertain to tech production.
- Motivate compliance to all SOP’s. Develop and update new and existing SOP’s.
- Possess knowledge of Hydrite’s work, safety, and regulatory rules.
- Guides employee performance and development through the use of daily communication and annual performance evaluations.
- Perform all duties outlined in relevant SOPs and all other duties to be assigned.
- All staff members are responsible for reporting food safety problems to their supervisor or the SQF Practitioner upon observation of a known or potential issue.
- Uphold Hydrite’s Standard of Excellence through a continuous commitment to maintain quality facilities and provide quality products and services to internal and external customers.
- Participate in RCRA, regulatory, health & safety and process training activities as required. Review changes/additions with your supervisor. Must be RCRA compliant.
- Backfill into production as necessary.
- Active member of the emergency response team.
- Trainer for specified Regulatory Health and Safety required training.
- Works with all departments within the plant including production, warehouse, customer service, and branch buyer.
- Supports effective communication with all Hydrite departments where responsibilities overlap to ensure success of the branch team.
- This position reports to the Plant Manager.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL CRITERIA
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- A Bachelor’s degree is preferred. Preferably in chemistry, technology, or equivalent.
- Prior supervisory experience preferred.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Power Point, Word, and Excel required.
- Must have communication and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Ability to sit, stand, and climb stairs for up to 10 hours per day.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, occasionally
- Able to climb ladders and work at heights up to 50 feet, on occasion.
- Able to perform manual dexterity tasks.
- Ability to operate a forklift; previous experience preferred.
- Occasional turning, twisting, stooping, bending, and reaching.
- Due to safety concerns, the wearing of contact lenses are prohibited.
- Able to wear a hairnet and beard net, if applicable, with a hard hat.
- No exposed jewelry in body piercings when in a GMP production area.
- Ability to wear a respirator for up to 4 hours a day. Please refer to the SOP for facial hair guidelines.
- Ability to wear SCBA and additional personal protective equipment
Developing our people is key to our growth and our team success. The list below includes other positions that you could move into once you've successfully mastered your role.
1. Production or Warehouse Supervisor
4. Customer Service
5. Production Scheduler
Benefits and perks include three retirement plans (401k, pension and profit sharing), medical/dental/vision/life insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, legal services insurance, scholarship awards for children of employees, summer picnic, community giving events, free family wellness coaching including nutritionist and fitness coach.
Watch this Why Hydrite video to find out: https://vimeo.com/201673899
WANT TO STAY CONNECTED? FIND US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/hydrite-chemical-co-
- Facebook: facebook.com/hydrite
Learn more about Hydrite on our website: www.hydrite.com/careers