Great teams start with good chemistry.
WHO WE ARE
We are a company where people matter.
We are family driven.
We are financially strong.
And we are looking for problem-solvers to join our growing team.
We're looking for an QC Chemist to join our team Sunday-Thursday 10PM-6:30AM.
- Perform required quality control analysis of incoming, manufacturing and outgoing material with authority to make acceptance, production adjustment, and / or rejection decisions.
- Record and maintain records accurately, neatly, legibly and completely.
- Prioritize daily laboratory activities to meet production schedules.
- Perform instrument maintenance, calibrations, quality control checks, solution preparations, and solution standardizations.
- Provide technical support and assistance to operations / production regarding manufacturing adjustment of non-conforming materials and quality problems.
- Maintain a clean and neat laboratory at all times.
- Maintain and properly store sample retains.
- Communicate to supervisor concerns about standard laboratory procedures, operational problems, quality trends, etc.
- Maintain a professional attitude and demeanor at all times, treat others with courtesy and respect, and respond to all requests in a professional manner.
- Promote complete customer satisfaction (both internal and external) through quality and service.
- Perform and complete in a timely fashion, analyses, projects analytical developments and revision of quality policies assigned by the Quality Control Laboratory Manager.
- Perform audits of inbound, outbound, and production schedule paperwork.
- Perform the duties outlined in the Master Cleaning Schedule.
- Uphold Hydrite’s Standard of Excellence through a continuous commitment to maintain quality facilities and provide quality products and services to internal and external customers
- Perform all duties outlined in relevant SOPs and all other duties to be assigned.
- Participate in RCRA, regulatory, health & safety and process training activities as required. Review changes/additions with your supervisor. Must be RCRA compliant.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field is required.
- Must have good presentation and interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate in English.
- Proficiency in computer skills and good working knowledge with all MS Office applications.
- Ability to accurately transfer written and verbal information and documentation and enter data into existing computer system.
- Must have communication and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to read, write and speak English.
- Able to perform manual dexterity tasks.
- Ability to sit or stand up 6 to 7 hours a day.
- Ability to wear a respirator up to 4 hours a day. Refer to SOP for facial hair guidelines.
- Occasional turning, twisting, stooping, bending, and reaching.
- Due to safety concerns, the wearing of contact lenses is prohibited.
Developing our people is key to our growth and our team success. The list below includes other positions that you could move into once you've successfully mastered your role.
1. Lead Chemist
2. QC Supervisor/Manager
3. EHS Coordinator
4. EHS Manager
5. Plant Supervisor
6. TS&D Chemist
7. Technical Sales or Business Development
Benefits and perks include three retirement plans (401k, pension and profit sharing), medical/dental/vision/life insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, legal services insurance, scholarship awards for children of employees, summer picnic, community giving events, free family wellness coaching including nutritionist and fitness coach.
Watch this Why Hydrite video to find out: https://vimeo.com/201673899
WANT TO STAY CONNECTED? FIND US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/hydrite-chemical-co-
- Facebook: facebook.com/hydrite
Learn more about Hydrite on our website: www.hydrite.com/careers