Great teams start with good chemistry.
WHO WE ARE
We are a company where people matter.
We are family driven.
We are financially strong.
And we are looking for problem-solvers to join our growing team.
As a Driver, you would be responsible for safely delivering Hydrite product to our customers. Other responsibilities include:
- Inspect unit daily, report items requiring repair to dispatcher. Keep unit clean & orderly.
- Must be familiar with the required licenses and permits.
- Must be knowledgeable in and comply with all Hydrite work and safety rules, motor carrier safety regulations and state weight laws.
- Deliver material as assigned. Review shipping papers and compared to Bill of Lading to ensure correct product is delivered and all special instructions are followed.
- Pick up all available empty drums at each stop. Unload empty drums into proper storage trailer or warehouse location.
- Stay with unit while loading or unloading at customer facilities. Product or waste, which does not meet Hydrite acceptance standards, may be rejected.
- Complete all required paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
- Work hours and back up other employees as directed.
- Maintain a professional attitude and demeanor at all times, and treat other employees and customers with courtesy and respect. Ensure that all customers of Hydrite Lubbock receive high quality product and superior service.
- Uphold Hydrite’s Standard of Excellence through a continuous commitment to maintain quality facilities and provide quality products and services to internal and external customers
- Perform all duties outlined in relevant SOPs and all other duties to be assigned.
- Participate in RCRA, regulatory, health & safety and process training activities as required. Review changes/additions with your supervisor. Must be RCRA compliant.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL CRITERIA
- Must possess a valid CDL with ABCD/NH endorsement and current DOT physical certification.
- Must have an acceptable driving record.
- Have some basic mechanical ability.
- Ability to operate an electric forklift; previous experience preferred.
- Must be able to start work as early as needed without any supervision.
- Must be able to work a maximum of 15 hours per day.
- Must be able to be dispatched Monday and possibly stay out 1 to 2 days.
- Must have communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Must be able to lift up to 65 lbs. and carry it 60 feet occasionally.
- Must be able to roll 150 pound cylinders of Chlorine and Anhydrous Ammonia 10-20 times per day.
- Must be able to use a barrel cart with up to 750 pounds on it 20-30 times per day.
- Must be able to climb into truck and trailer 10-20 times per day.
- Ability to wear a respirator for up to 4 hours a day. Please refer to the SOP for facial hair guidelines.
Developing our people is key to our growth and our team success. The list below includes other positions that you could move into once you've successfully mastered your role.
1. Warehouse Supervisor
2. Transportation Supervisor
3. Logistics Coordinator
Benefits and perks include three retirement plans (401k, pension and profit sharing), medical/dental/vision/life insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, legal services insurance, scholarship awards for children of employees, summer picnic, community giving events, free family wellness coaching including nutritionist and fitness coach.
Watch this Why Hydrite video to find out: https://vimeo.com/201673899
WANT TO STAY CONNECTED? FIND US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/hydrite-chemical-co-
- Facebook: facebook.com/hydrite
Learn more about Hydrite on our website: www.hydrite.com/careers