Great teams start with good chemistry.
WHO WE ARE
We are a company where people matter.
We are family driven.
We are financially strong.
And we are looking for problem-solvers to join our growing team.
As a QC Chemist, responsibilities include:
- Perform required quality control analysis of incoming, manufactured and outgoing materials with authority to make acceptance, production adjustments, or rejection decisions.
- Record analysis and other laboratory results neatly and legibly.
- Prioritize daily laboratory activities to meet production schedules.
- Perform instrument maintenance, calibrations, quality control checks, solution preparations, and solution standardizations.
- Provide technical support and assistance to production regarding manufacturing adjustment of non-conforming materials and quality problems.
- Maintain a clean and neat laboratory at all times.
- Adhere to all safety SOP's.
- Initiate corrective actions on identified non-capable procedures or practices.
- Maintain and properly store sample retains.
- Collect and properly file raw material and incoming certificates of analyses.
- Assure that daily records of the bulk tanker program are kept current. This includes confirming that the washout forms have been obtained and filed and that tracking of a tankers load history (previous product to next product shipped by individual tanker number) has been documented.
- Address customer product complaints and returns through investigation and analysis and process laboratory portion of Complaint/Return paperwork.
- Communicate to supervisor concerns about standard laboratory procedures, operational problems, quality trends, etc.
- Maintain a professional attitude and demeanor at all times and treat others with courtesy and respect and respond to all requests in a professional manner.
- Provide technical support to operations and sales.
- Promote complete customer satisfaction through quality and service to both internal and external customers.
- Able to stand six to seven hours a day.
- Ability to wear a respirator for up to 4 hours a day. Please refer to the SOP for facial hair guidelines.
- Able to perform tasks requiring good manual dexterity.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL CRITERIA
- Bachelor degree in chemistry or equivalent.
- Must have communication and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Power Point, Word, and Excel required.
- Able to apply advanced math skills and use involved problem solving skills.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Must possess good laboratory analytical skills.
Developing our people is key to our growth and our team success. The list below includes other positions that you could move into once you've successfully mastered your role.
1. Lab Supervisor
2. EHS Coordinator
3. EHS Manager
4. safety & Regulatory
Benefits and perks include three retirement plans (401k, pension and profit sharing), medical/dental/vision/life insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, legal services insurance, scholarship awards for children of employees, summer picnic, community giving events, free family wellness coaching including nutritionist and fitness coach.
Watch this Why Hydrite video to find out: https://vimeo.com/201673899
WANT TO STAY CONNECTED? FIND US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/hydrite-chemical-co-
- Facebook: facebook.com/hydrite
Learn more about Hydrite on our website: www.hydrite.com/careers