Great teams start with good chemistry.
WHO WE ARE
We are a company where people matter.
We are family driven.
We are financially strong.
And we are looking for problem-solvers to join our growing team.
This person will impact business decisions through accurate costing for complex products across multiple business segments.
- Assist management and other departments by providing, analyzing and interpreting financial and cost data, especially related to production and inventory activities.
- Contributes to business decisions through accurate costing decisions/analysis.
- Acts as primary contact for company-wide costing questions. Including purchasing and production costing documentation
- Prepare monthly journal entries for closing and monthly budget reports.
- Responsible for maintenance of the standard cost system and inventory valuations.
- Assist in the preparation of annual overhead rates, operational budgets and inventory projections.
- Prepare and monitor manufacturing production efficiencies as well as spending performances.
- Perform variance analysis and other financial analyses as requested by management, manufacturing or other departments.
- Analyzing changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods to determine effects on cost
- Follow the Hydrite SOP titled “Maintaining Accurate Product Costs” while performing daily tasks.
- Receive, organize and maintain all vendor cost documentation in vendor price books.
- Execute cost change strategies with assigned Purchasing Agents and update records.
- Review daily exception reports and perform necessary PO changes, PO reversals and/or vitem updates.
- Resolve invoice discrepancies with minimal Purchasing Agent involvement.
- Purge unnecessary vitems/3PT records from system.
- Uphold Hydrite’s Standard of Excellence through a continuous commitment to maintain quality facilities and provide quality products and services to internal and external customers
- Perform all duties outlined in relevant SOPs and all other duties to be assigned.
- Participate in RCRA, regulatory, health & safety and process training activities as required. Review changes/additions with your supervisor. Must be RCRA compliant.
- Work with Corporate Purchasing Staff and Branch Buyers on PRISM capabilities and applicable SOP’s.
- Run system generated reports on an as needed basis for assigned Purchasing Agents.
- Back-up other department members during peak periods, absences and/or vacations.
- Works with other staff members to maintain workload balances. Provides back-up support as necessary.
- Supports effective communication with all Hydrite departments where responsibilities overlap to ensure success of the branch team.
- This position reports to the Director of Financial Planning & Analysis
- Works with Corporate Purchasing Staff, Branch Buyers, Transportation Manager, Branch Customer Service and Product Information.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL CRITERIA
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3+ Years’ experience in accounting experience
- Manufacturing industry or public accounting experience preferred
- Ability to travel 15%
- Proficiency in MS Word and MS Excel
- Must possess strong problem-solving and people skills.
- Must be self-motivated and able to initiate continuous improvements.
- Must possess good organizational skills and the ability to pay attention to detail.
- Must possess strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must have communication and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to read, write, and speak English.
At Hydrite, developing our people is the key to our growth and our success. The list below includes other positions that a person who has successfully mastered this role could potentially move into and/or other responsibilities this role could eventually take on:
- Director of FP&A
Benefits and perks include three retirement plans (401k, pension and profit sharing), medical/dental/vision/life insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, legal services insurance, scholarship awards for children of employees, summer picnic, community giving events, free family wellness coaching including nutritionist and fitness coach.
Watch this Why Hydrite video to find out:
WANT TO STAY CONNECTED? FIND US ON SOCIAL MEDIA