Great teams start with good chemistry.
WHO WE ARE
We are a company where people matter.
We are family driven.
We are financially strong.
And we are looking for problem-solvers to join our growing team.
- Review of all existing PPE certifications and draft any new as required.
- Coordinate all medical evaluations for employees required to wear respirators.
- Conduct monthly facility internal inspections and supply Operations Managers with corrective action lists. Report all delayed corrective actions monthly to the Regional EHS Manager.
- Perform product/process specific compliance audits as required and document findings to Operations Managers and Regional EHS Manager.
- Manage MOC process at each facility to ensure all are executed as required by SOP.
- Ensure all new employee safety training is completed prior to releasing employee to full-time status.
- Ensure all annual safety training is completed on time including an evacuation drill at each facility.
- Keep all contractor safety training current and update training as changes are made.
- Manage IH monitoring program at each facility.
- Manage PSM program at each facility to ensure all procedures and training are kept current.
- Manage the incident/near-miss investigation system at each facility to ensure the timeliness of all activities in compliance with SOP.
- Manage the confined space rescue program. Must make sure the inventory list is kept current and rescue equipment is available and in satisfactory condition.
- Schedule, facilitate, track and perform JSAs.
- Serve as primary contact at each plant for agency inspectors.
- Manage environmental permits (Stormwater, Air, Waste, etc.) to ensure compliance at each facility.
- Manage emergency response program at each facility to ensure training and compliance are maintained and all responders are qualified.
- Act as First Aid coordinator for each facility. Responsible for scheduling training, maintaining equipment, maintaining BBP control plans and vaccinations.
- Act as Safety Committee Chairperson for each facility. Schedule meetings, track minutes and report findings to Operations Managers and Regional EHS Manager.
- Uphold Hydrite’s Standard of Excellence through a continuous commitment to maintain quality facilities and provide quality products and services to internal and external customers
- Perform all duties outlined in relevant SOPs and all other duties to be assigned.
- Participate in RCRA, regulatory, health & safety and process training activities as required. Review changes/additions with your supervisor. Must be RCRA compliant.
- Participate in LEPC regularly in conjunction with plant management.
- Assist with chemical disposal and profiling at each facility as required.
- Coordinate medical monitoring as required for each facility.
- Assess and draft proposals addressing any ergonomic issues in each facility.
- Advise of fall protection deficiencies in the plants and make recommendations for improvements.
- Works with other staff members to maintain workload balances. Provides back-up support as necessary.
- Supports effective communication with all Hydrite departments where responsibilities overlap to ensure success of the branch team.
- This position reports to the Regional EHS Manager at OS and works directly with the local Operations Manager.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL CRITERIA
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Safety, Environmental Sciences or Similar
- One to three years chemical experience with manufacturing background.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, with employees and management.
- Must have communication and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Power Point, Word, and Excel required.