Great teams start with good chemistry.
WHO WE ARE
We are a company where people matter.
We are family driven.
We are financially strong.
And we are looking for problem-solvers to join our growing team.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The primary purpose of this position is to assist the sales team in servicing customers in whatever way necessary in order to achieve 100% customer satisfaction. This position will uphold the Hydrite “Standards of Excellence” through continuous commitment to customer satisfaction, both internal and external.
- Takes ownership of all phases of order fulfillment process, which include: order entry, order maintenance, and order tracking.
- Practices attentive and active listening to ensure successful interactions with others.
- Follows Customer Service processes and procedures, offers opportunities for improvement, as necessary.
- Enter and maintain customer orders via email, phone, fax, electronic (EDI); enter and maintain Customer Specific Requirement information as needed.
- Verify adequate inventory levels to fill orders with multiple warehouses and schedule the delivery of orders.
- Work with production and transportation as needed to meet delivery dates and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Notify customers, sales, and operations of any order delays or issues and work to rectify.
- Anticipates potential problems that may arise and provides efficient and effective solutions and alternatives.
- Ensure customer complaints regarding product or service issues are properly documented and communicated.
- Manage customer owned raw materials under prearranged contracts for specified key accounts, as necessary.
- Maintains a professional attitude and demeanor at all times and treats other employees and customers with courtesy and respect.
- Supports and promotes the Customer Service Mission statement and Pillars.
- Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Uphold Hydrite’s Standard of Excellence through a continuous commitment to maintain quality facilities and provide quality products and services to internal and external customers.
- Perform all duties outlined in relevant SOPs and all other duties to be assigned.
- Participate in RCRA, regulatory, health & safety and process training activities as required. Review changes/additions with your supervisor. Must be RCRA compliant.
- Regular attendance is essential.
- Timely completion of tasks.
- Personal and team interactions required.
- Work with other staff members to maintain workload balances. Provide back-up support as necessary, including support for other teams within customer service.
- Responsible for proper management of assigned specialty accounts and entry of sample requests as necessary.
- After hours emergency service participation required as assigned.
- Complete special projects as assigned by Customer Service Lead or Customer Service Manager.
- Supports effective communication with all Hydrite departments where responsibilities overlap to ensure success of the branch team.
- This position reports to the Customer Service Lead.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL CRITERIA
- High school diploma or equivalent required, college degree strongly preferred.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Excellent written communication and phone etiquette required.
- Ability to manage time effectively, prioritize multiple tasks, and transfer verbal/written information to others accurately.
- Must be trustworthy, detail orientated and able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Previous customer service experience with high level of customer focus is required.
- Must have communication and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Knowledge of AS400 is a plus.
- Ability to sit for up to 4 hours at a time and stand for a minimum of 1 hour at a time.
- Ability to sit and operate a computer and/or operate a telephone for up to 4 hours at a time.
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds, occasionally.
- Occasional turning, twisting, stooping, bending, and reaching.
At Hydrite, developing our people is the key to our growth and our success. The list below includes other positions that a person who has successfully mastered this role could potentially move into and/or other responsibilities this role could eventually take on:
- Customer Service Lead
- Customer Service Manager
- Third Party Buyer
- Inside Sales Representative
- And many others!
Benefits and perks include three retirement plans (401k, pension and profit sharing), medical/dental/vision/life insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, legal services insurance, scholarship awards for children of employees, summer picnic, community giving events, free family wellness coaching including nutritionist and fitness coach.
WANT TO STAY CONNECTED? FIND US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/hydrite-chemical-co-
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/hydrite
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bs_493NR8RI
Learn more about Hydrite on our website: www.hydrite.com