- Utilize maintenance resources to ensure that plant equipment is maintained to operate safely and efficiently and preventive maintenance is completed on schedule.
- Provide direct leadership by example for the Maintenance Technicians and, by extension, all plant employees.
- Build a strong maintenance team who cooperates and shares technical expertise for the benefit of the team and Hydrite.
- Guide employee performance and development through the use of daily communication and annual performance evaluations.
- Increase technical excellence in the maintenance department through external training and development.
- Set work and on-call schedules to ensure that maintenance coverage is consistent with plant operational needs.
- Continually improve operations by collaborating with maintenance technicians, peers and management.
- Manage contractors, including safety training, on site job management and quality control.
- Facilitate communication between operations and maintenance to improve work efficiency and Maximo utilization.
- Maintain preventative maintenance schedule and ensure all documentation is kept current on the asset management system (Maximo).
- Improve the asset management system (Maximo) to its fullest capabilities including Preventive Maintenance, Planning, Safety Plans, the spare parts inventory, and reporting capabilities for failure analysis.
- Develop metrics for performance, PM and WO completion. Utilize metrics for performance evaluation and as a means of communication with plant management.
- Maintain and continually improve the Mechanical Integrity Procedures to ensure the ongoing integrity of plant equipment.
- Ensure that “critical spares” (516, ASM, etc.) and parts inventory are maintained at the required level.
- Ensure that maintenance personnel and contractors are properly trained, and such training is documented.
- Investigate, recommend and/or implement alternative policies and procedures to improve branch performance.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL CRITERIA
- One of the following is required:
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Some supervisory or lead experience in an industrial environment
- 5-10 years maintenance or operational experience in an industrial environment.
- Demonstrated leadership through identifying and implementing corrective actions
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Power Point, Word, and Excel required.
- Knowledge of a computerized maintenance management system is preferred.
- Must have communication and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Ability to sit and/or stand up to 10 hours per day.
- Ability to climb ladders and stairways up to 40 feet in height on an occasional basis.
- Must be able to travel as needed and work outside of normal business hours.
- Frequent 12 to 16 hour workdays may be required as a result of continuous plant operations.
- Occasional turning, twisting, stooping, bending, and reaching.