Great teams start with good chemistry.
WHO WE ARE
We are a company where people matter.
We are family driven.
We are financially strong.
And we are looking for problem-solvers to join our growing team.
The primary purpose of this position is to maintain all equipment that is not serviced by outside contractors in an efficient and expedient manner. Keep Preventative Maintenance programs current and work with Management/Contractors on plant improvements and new projects. Maintain the appearance of the grounds and property.
- Perform any maintenance duties on building and plant equipment as needed on a daily basis.
- Responsible for compliance with the hose testing as directed by SOP.
- Fabricates and installs new equipment and processes as necessary/requested.
- Maintain a current Preventative Maintenance (PM) program on required equipment.
- Maintain the appearance of the property and grounds in a neat and orderly manner.
- All staff members are responsible for reporting food safety problems to their supervisor or the SQF Practitioner upon observation of a known or potential issue.
- Uphold Hydrite’s Standard of Excellence through a continuous commitment to maintain quality facilities and provide quality products and services to internal and external customers
- Perform all duties outlined in relevant SOPs and all other duties to be assigned.
- Participate in RCRA, regulatory, health & safety and process training activities as required. Review changes/additions with your supervisor. Must be RCRA compliant
- Maintain a clean and safe maintenance area.
- Assist with the management of onsite contractors as requested.
- Works with other staff members to maintain workload balances. Provides back-up support as necessary.
- Supports effective communication with all Hydrite departments where responsibilities overlap to ensure success of the branch team.
- This position reports to the Plant Manager and Operations Director.
EDUCATIONAL CRITERIA AND KNOWLEDGE
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have the following basic maintenance skills and/or experience: welding, electrical wiring, plumping, pipe fitting and carpentry. Some heating/refrigeration experience also helpful.
- Knowledge of safe and proper welding techniques.
- Must have communication and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Ability to sit, stand, and climb stairs for up to 12 hours per day.
- Able to climb ladders and work at heights up to 50 feet, on occasion.
- Ability to work in a warehouse facility where temperatures may range from -10 up to 100 degrees Fahrenheit; as well as work outside in all weather conditions.
- Ability to work in confined spaces, with proper training as directed by SOP.
- Occasional turning, twisting, stooping, bending, and reaching.
- Able to wear a hairnet and beard net, if applicable, with a hard hat.
- No exposed jewelry in body piercings when in a GMP production area.
- Ability to wear a respirator for up to 4 hours a day. Please refer to the SOP for facial hair guidelines.
- Due to safety concerns, the wearing of contact lenses is prohibited.
- Ability to wear SCBA and additional personal protective equipment.
Developing our people is key to our growth and our team success. The list below includes other positions that you could move into once you've successfully mastered your role.
1. Production or Warehouse Supervisor
3. Maintenance Supervisor
4. Customer Service
5. Production Scheduler
Benefits and perks include three retirement plans (401k, pension and profit sharing), medical/dental/vision/life insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, legal services insurance, scholarship awards for children of employees, summer picnic, community giving events, free family wellness coaching including nutritionist and fitness coach.
Watch this Why Hydrite video to find out: https://vimeo.com/201673899
WANT TO STAY CONNECTED? FIND US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/hydrite-chemical-co-
- Facebook: facebook.com/hydrite
Learn more about Hydrite on our website: www.hydrite.com/careers