Great teams start with good chemistry.
WHO WE ARE
We are a company where people matter.
We are family driven.
We are financially strong.
And we are looking for problem-solvers to join our growing team.
We're searching for an experienced Driver to join our business family. Our drivers are typically home daily. In this specialized truck driving role, you will:
- Uphold Hydrite’s Standard of Excellence through a continuous commitment to maintain quality facilities and provide quality products and services to internal and external customers
- Inspect unit daily and report any needed repairs to the Transportation Supervisor.
- Make assigned deliveries driving a straight truck.
- Keep entire unit clean and in good working order.
- Deliver and pick up products and containers as assigned by the Transportation Supervisor.
- Review all shipping papers and verify that the load is correct and exactly as stated, including waste manifest and container labels. This includes proper use of BOL’s, certificates of Analyses, and waste Manifests per SOP’s.
- Follow assigned delivery sequence. Report any deviation immediately.
- Follow all special instructions on the pick list, bill of lading, or receiving list.
- To be knowledgeable in and comply with all company work and safety rules, motor carrier safety regulations, state weight laws, and environmental regulations.
- Perform all duties outlined in relevant SOPs and all other duties to be assigned.
- Participate in RCRA, regulatory, health & safety and process training activities as required. Review changes/additions with your supervisor. Must be RCRA compliant.
- Complete all paperwork accurately, neatly, and according to SOP at the end of each shift.
- May be required to cover for other employees in the plant, warehouse or another driver as directed by the Transportation Supervisor.
- Works with all departments within the plant including production, warehouse, customer service, and branch buyer.
- Supports effective communication with all Hydrite departments where responsibilities overlap to ensure success of the branch team.
- This position reports to the Transportation Supervisor.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL CRITERIA
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Must possess a valid CDL Class A and current DOT physical certification with X(Tanker & Hazmat) endorsements.
- Must have an acceptable driving record.
- Knowledge of DOT regulations.
- Must have communication and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Ability to sit/drive for up to 10 hours per day.
- Ability to climb a flight of stairs occasionally.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds repeatedly.
- Ability to handle a 600 lb. drum with a barrel cart up to 40 times per day.
- Ability to roll a 3000 lb. cylinder the length of a trailer up to 20 times daily.
- Due to safety concerns, the wearing of contact lenses is prohibited.
- Ability to wear a respirator for up to 4 hours a day. Please refer to the SOP for facial hair guidelines.
- Occasional turning, twisting, stooping, bending, and reaching.
- Ability to work flexible hours as customer orders dictate.
Benefits and perks include three retirement plans (401k, pension and profit sharing), medical/dental/vision/life insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, legal services insurance, scholarship awards for children of employees, summer picnic, community giving events, free family wellness coaching including nutritionist and fitness coach.
Watch this Why Hydrite video to find out: https://vimeo.com/201673899
WANT TO STAY CONNECTED? FIND US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/hydrite-chemical-co-
- Facebook: facebook.com/hydrite
Learn more about Hydrite on our website: www.hydrite.com/careers