WHO WE ARE
Hxro is a disruptive financial platform pioneering new and innovative real-time cryptocurrency trading products. We are revolutionizing what it means to trade by blending the world of finance with gamification. Our mission is to make the complex world of trading more approachable, accessible and fun so that anyone can play the markets. The company was founded on the principle that playing the markets should be experientially rewarding as well as financial.
As a SENIOR RUST ENGINEER, you’ll be working within the Blockchain Team on the full stack of the Hxro experience. Typical tasks include working with designers, back end & app developers to solve problems and integrate user-facing elements with server-side logic. You’ll outline solutions, build services and endpoints, iterate through improvements and changes, QA, and release. You should be a scrappy problem solver with a creative mind to implement solutions.
- Design and develop back end services - we use a variety of languages and technologies (~90% Rust) and are open to the best tool for the job to help us deliver value quickly (ex: Node.js, Rust, Golang).
- Work with the full stack, from back end microservices, front-facing dashboards, to the data layer concerns (ex: MongoDB, PostgreSQL)
- Work on initiatives to expand the capability of our product and back end technology
- Help shape our infrastructure built on top of modern distributed systems (ex: Kubernetes, Docker)
- Develop, code, test and debug new software as use a critical eye to make significant improvements to existing software
- Write reusable, testable, efficient and maintainable code using solid development principles.
WHO YOU ARE:
- 5+ years coding in a production-level environment
- Experience with development on public blockchain systems such as Ethereum or Solana a plus
- Experience with distributed systems, or a strong desire to learn
- Experience with modern backend frameworks
- RESTful API design and development, and a desire to learn alternatives
- Database development experience using Dynamo or PostgreSQL
- Fearless when it comes to jumping in and learning other areas of development