Hotwire is a global, strategic communications consultancy dedicated to helping ambitious technology companies change the game, build their reputation and revenue to achieve business outcomes. Recognised as the #1 technology communications consultancy globally and by multiple client award wins over the years, we provide clients with insights-led, integrated communication and marketing solutions and experience across a number of technology categories. We work seamlessly across our eleven offices to help ambitious companies build a sustainable business. When you work with us, we connect and support you in a way that allows you to achieve limitless success and career growth. We truly embody flexibility though our Thoughtful working approach and offer a number of unique benefits you will not see in other agencies. From Sydney to San Francisco, we’re a group with a “One Team” mentality. Having been awarded #1 in the 2021 Best Companies Top 100 small companies to work for in London, #3 media company and #4 small company in the UK, you can rest assured that at Hotwire we will help you to achieve your personal best through engaging work and continuous learning and development.
We are connected, ambitious, adventurous, transparent and proactive, but most of all we are one team working together to be the global challenger.
We would love you to join our UK team as Account Director!
Why this role?
As an Account Director here at Hotwire, you’ll use your expertise and passion for the B2B industry to plan and drive campaigns, own client relationships and lead teams with minimal involvement from the senior team. You’ll be a creative and strategic thinker, passionate about tech, and with an ability to combine skill with commercial aptitude. Whilst delivering excellent client service to your retained partners, you will have the ability to balance new business opportunities with organic growth of current clients in order to support the growth of your team. You’ll be a true advocate of the Hotwire way of working, championing our values and culture in order to inspire your team and clients alike!
Delivering the Hotwire vision and growth (what you will do to help us achieve our strategy)
- Be incredibly commercially minded - and be looking to develop this further and share knowledge and insight with the team and wider business to drive growth.
- Have a strategic viewpoint, which you can confidently convey to clients and integrate into plans and campaigns; thinking about the upcoming months and what you can do to move your client forward seamlessly
- Have a strong understanding of the products and services available within the Hotwire Marketing business, in order to consistently think outside of plans to give your clients new and exciting ideas for campaigns that will hit business objectives and grow accounts organically
- Consistently think outside of plans to give your clients new and exciting ideas for campaigns that will hit business objectives and grow accounts organically
- Be proactive in putting yourself forwards for new business and agency opportunities in order to develop your own profile and areas of expertise within the business
- Be curious; always be in a state of ‘discovery’ with clients, confidently asking strategic questions to uncover business pain and opportunities for organic growth.
Deliver the best (internal and external) client experiences
- Look after a portfolio of around 6-8 clients; managing budgets as well as the teams’ hours
- Be able to lead on client work – understanding that you are the final checkpoint of most campaigns, and can steady the ship for the rest of the team when needed!
- Have a results focused approach to your work; ensuring client delight through deliverables
- Have strong influencer relationships and be continuously striving to keep these sharp
- Think with an ‘integrated mindset’, with experience in campaigns across media relations as well as social media, events and owned content
- Have strong project management skills; be a master at juggling a number of projects at once; whilst instilling senior clients with confidence and motivating your team
Deliver the best People experiences (how you will work with your team, locally and globally)
- Manage junior team members; inspiring and driving them to reach their full potential
- Be the right hand person to your Associate Director or Director
- Be involved in your team’s development; helping identify opportunities to help them grow
- Get your hands dirty; and be a real team player
- 6+ years’ experience within the B2B Comms space
- A strong, proven track record in B2B Comms – you should however have a true passion for emerging technology and the space as a whole
- Experience working with global brands; understanding the need for localisation
- Excellent team leadership ability with true desire to motivate and develop a team
- Strategic and innovative thinking, both for clients and the agency
- Superb client relationship skills
- Experience of managing team hours – spotting over servicing and any issues which may arise from holidays etc.
- A solid network of influencer contacts spanning media, social media and wider stakeholders (e.g. analysts, think tanks, academics etc.)
- An entrepreneurial outlook, with a strong track record of new business experience
- An ability to multi-task and keep your cool under pressure
- Incredible training from the Hotwire Academy; supporting you at every stage of your career
- Understanding that life doesn’t always fit around the 9-5; and that work/life balance is crucial
- The Hotwire Bootcamp – an annual trip to an international city with the whole global team (once travel resumes)
- Well-being allowance or private health care
- Freedom and support to be limitless within the business
- Sponsored sabbatical every 4 years’ service
- Employee Assistance Programme which includes free counselling sessions
- Headspace subscription
- A connected, courageous and friendly team creating adventurous work whilst still having a lot of fun
- An exciting and rewarding long-term career, bringing constant challenge and fresh opportunities as you develop
- The opportunity to have global reach within our offices
- Fantastic benefits, including early finish Fridays, 25 days’ holiday and great team socials
At Hotwire, we engage in Thoughtful Working, which encourages our employees to work in the best possible way for our clients, our team and ourselves, every single day.