Hotwire is a global, strategic communications consultancy dedicated to helping ambitious technology companies change the game, build their reputation and revenue to achieve business outcomes. Recognized as the #1 technology communications consultancy globally and by multiple client award wins over the years, we provide clients with insights-led, integrated communication and marketing solutions and experience across a number of technology categories. We work seamlessly across our eleven offices to help ambitious companies build a sustainable business. When you work with us, we connect and support you in a way that allows you to achieve limitless success and career growth. We truly embody flexibility though our Thoughtful working approach and offer a number of unique benefits you will not see in other agencies. From Sydney to San Francisco, we’re a group with a “One Team” mentality. Having been awarded #1 in the 2021 Best Companies Top 100 small companies to work for in London, #3 media company and #4 small company in the UK, you can rest assured that at Hotwire we will help you to achieve your personal best through engaging work and continuous learning and development.
We are connected, ambitious, adventurous, transparent and proactive, but most of all we are one team working together to be the global challenger.
We would love you to join our UK team as IT EMEA Support Analyst!
Why this role?
The purpose of this role is to support users and infrastructure across our EMEA offices to make sure that our technology runs smoothly and efficiently, delivering a high level of service for our end users. This will include hands on support, remote provisioning of laptop devices, application of remote management profiles to automate tasks where possible. In addition to the hands-on elements there will be a focus accurate and consistent application of IT policies and procedures and where applicable new procedures defined and documented to ensure consistency throughout the group. You will be expected to manage your time effectively as the role will cover remote support across several European offices and the UK.
Delivering the Hotwire vision and growth (what you will do to help us achieve our strategy)
- Liaise with local IT partners when required for maintenance of local office IT infrastructure and organise regular preventative maintenance visits
- Assist with group and local office projects to help the business move forwards, maintaining excellent communications with the IT Manager on all tasks and projects
- Take responsibility for helpdesk issues from EMEA offices, with a focus on supporting EU offices and providing cover for the UK.
- Assist in maintaining and refining our remote deployment process for new IT equipment.
- Overseeing computer security, patching, anti-virus updates ensuring systems are kept up to date.
- Assist IT management to maintain the Hotwire Group AD environment including current and new group policies
- Remote deployment/redeployment and configuration of computer equipment for new starter and leavers
- Accurate asset and inventory manage across EU offices
- IT inductions and training for new starters
Deliver the best (internal and external) client experiences
- Manage and maintain Hotwire’s fleet of devices
- Assist in developing and maintaining installation and configuration procedures
- Maintain the organisation and inventory of all local office hardware and software
- Create and maintain good user instructions for all applications and processes
- Train local users on new software and solutions
Deliver the best People experiences (how you will work with your team, locally and globally)
- Provide outstanding 1st and 2nd line IT support to users across the European and UK offices
- Provide emergency or pre-planned out of hours support when required
- Perform ad hoc IT related duties as assigned by your manager
- Work seamlessly with your local and global IT colleagues, collaboratively solving problems as they arise
- Around 5 years’ experience in IT
- Ideally Microsoft MCSA or training for certification, a good knowledge of IT systems and hardware maintenance
- Windows Server 2012 & 2016+
- VMware ESXi and Veeam backup
- Active Directory
- Backup technologies and methodologies
- Good understanding of networking principles including DNS & DHCP
- Cisco Meraki firewall, LAN switch and networking technologies
- Office 365 administration, including 2FA, email and Teams
- Experience in both Mac and PC environments, but with Strong Mac skills.
- Experience with Mac MDM deployment in ManageEngine or JAMF would be a bonus.
- Comfortable with scripting and creating software/patch deployment packages
- Conscientious and process focused with an eye for detail when adhering to processes
- Experience of working in a busy, boutique environment, where creating relationships with the team is crucial
- Great communication and interpersonal skills whilst being incredibly organised
- The ability to be accurate and work to deadlines even under pressure, whilst working co-operatively with others in a team, handling information in confidence and with discretion
- Incredible training from the Hotwire Academy; supporting you at every stage of your career.
- Understanding that life doesn’t always fit around the 9-5; and that work/life balance is crucial.
- The Hotwire Bootcamp – an annual trip to a European city with the whole global team (when travel resumes)
- Well-being allowance or private health care
- Freedom and support to be limitless within the business.
- Sponsored sabbatical after 4 years’ service
- A connected, courageous and friendly team creating adventurous work whilst still having a lot of fun.
- An exciting and rewarding long-term career, bringing constant challenge and fresh opportunities as you develop.
- The opportunity to have global reach within our offices.
- Fantastic benefits, including early finish Fridays, 25 days’ holiday and great team socials.
At Hotwire, we engage in Thoughtful Working, which encourages our employees to work in the best possible way for our clients, our team and ourselves, every single day.