Hotwire is a global, strategic communications and marketing consultancy dedicated to helping ambitious technology companies change the game, build their reputation, and stand out from the crowd. Recognised by multiple award wins over the years, we provide clients with insights-led, integrated communications and marketing solutions across a number of market categories. When you work with us, we connect and support you in a way that allows you to achieve limitless success and career growth. We truly embody flexibility though our Thoughtful working approach and offer a number of unique benefits you will not see in other agencies. From Sydney to San Francisco, we’re a group with a “One Team” mentality. Having been awarded #4 in the 2021 Sunday Times Top 100 companies to work for in the UK, you can rest assured that at Hotwire we will help you to achieve your personal best through engaging work and continuous learning and development.
We are connected, ambitious, adventurous, transparent and proactive, but most of all we are one team working together to be the global challenger.
Why this role?
Working with the wider Hotwire team, you will join one of our dynamic practices within the business. The Hotwire Marketing team specializes in Account-Based Marketing, Channel & Alliances, and Industry / Demand Programmes for the technology sector. We unite strategic insight and creative cut-through to drive better audience engagement, forge stronger relationships and accelerate sales. We’re proud to be working with some of the world’s largest and most innovative B2B companies, delivering ROI-focused campaigns.
As an Account Director at Hotwire you will play a pivotal role in the growth, development and profitability of a number of global accounts, with emphasis on strategic relationship building, client services excellence, and the creation and direction of highly effective marketing campaigns and initiatives.
You will be a leader in the team, responsible for the performance and development of your team members, the continued optimisation of propositions and output from your team, as well as the retention and extension of the client network and budget share within named and net new accounts. You will be working closely with the business to ensure accurate and timely commercial management of client accounts and associated projects.
Delivering the Hotwire vision and growth (what you will do to help us achieve our strategy)
- Be incredibly commercially minded - and be looking to develop this further and share knowledge and insight with the team and wider business to drive growth
- Have a strategic viewpoint, thinking about the upcoming months and what you can do to move your client forward seamlessly
- Have a strong understanding of the products and services available within the Hotwire business, in order to consistently think outside of plans to give your clients new and exciting ideas for campaigns that will hit business objectives and grow accounts organically
- Be proactive in putting yourself forwards for new business and agency opportunities in order to develop your own profile and areas of expertise within the business
- Be curious; always be in a state of ‘discovery’ with clients, confidently asking strategic questions to uncover business pain and opportunities for organic growth
Deliver the best (internal and external) client experiences
- Look after a portfolio of tech clients, managing budgets as well as the teams’ hours
- Actively looking to identify opportunities outside existing accounts.
- You will be responsible for quarter account planning within selected key accounts, client satisfaction and identification of opportunities within owned accounts, as well as ROI reporting and QBR/review cadence
- Successful management of strategic/priority projects
- Proposal development, presentation, follow up and close
- Proactively growing your network within owned accounts
- Accountable for overall quality of output from the team
- Qualification of owned (assigned) opportunities
- Internal resource allocation and response management
- Networking at dedicated industry and Hotwire events
- You will be responsible for meeting annual and quarterly account targets (sales and revenue), profitability management for projects and accounts and forecasting
- Have a results focused approach to your work; ensuring client delight through deliverables
- Have strong project management skills; be a master at juggling a number of projects at once; whilst instilling senior clients with confidence and motivating your team
Deliver the best People experiences (how you will work with your team, locally and globally)
- Lead with purpose and by example. As a critical member of the senior Hotwire Marketing team, you will be setting the standard and expectations for leadership, teamwork and results
- Manage junior team members on accounts and having direct line rapports within the Hotwire Marketing team; inspiring and driving them to reach their full potential
- On-board and train new team members
- Be involved in your team’s development; helping identify opportunities to help them grow
- Get your hands dirty; and be a real team player
- 6+ years’ experience within the B2B Marketing space
- A strong, proven track record in B2B Marketing – you should however have a true passion for emerging technology and the space as a whole
- Account Based Marketing & Integrated Campaigns
- Experience working with global brands; understanding the need for localisation
- Excellent team leadership ability with true desire to motivate and develop a team
- Strategic and innovative thinking, both for clients and the agency
- Superb client relationship skills
- Experience of managing team hours – spotting over servicing and any issues which may arise from holidays etc.
- Experience leading and growing accounts
- Commercial Management
- Channel & Alliances and Industry Programmes (Desirable but not essential)
- A real team player attitude
- Incredible training from the Hotwire Academy; supporting you at every stage of your career.
- Understanding that life doesn’t always fit around the 9-5; and that work/life balance is crucial.
- The Hotwire Bootcamp – an annual trip to an international city with the whole global team (when travel resumes)
- Well-being allowance or private health care
- Freedom and support to be limitless within the business.
- Sponsored sabbatical after 4 years’ service
- A connected, courageous and friendly team creating adventurous work whilst still having a lot of fun.
- An exciting and rewarding long-term career, bringing constant challenge and fresh opportunities as you develop.
- The opportunity to have global reach within our offices.
- Fantastic benefits, including early finish Fridays, 25 days’ holiday and great team socials.
At Hotwire, we engage in Thoughtful Working, which encourages our employees to work in the best possible way for our clients, our team and ourselves, every single day.