About Hurricane Labs
Hurricane Labs is a dynamic Managed Services Provider that unlocks the potential of Splunk and security for diverse enterprises across the United States. With a dedicated, Splunk-focused team and an emphasis on humanity and collaboration, we provide the skills, resources, and results to help make our customers’ lives easier.
Our cooperative geek culture empowers the success of our team. We encourage an open environment where diverse, passionate people feel comfortable sharing ideas, learning through experience, and succeeding together.
SOC Analyst Level I Responsibilities & Qualifications
We are currently seeking an SOC Analyst to join our team. The chosen candidate for this position must have a love of diverse technologies and IT-related infrastructure. (This is a learning job and we offer many avenues for furthering your craft and sharpening your skillset).
Desired Technical Skills:
- Handle first level response for security events: IDS alarm, malware (alerting, not triage), account misuse, network security events, etc.
- Able to effectively weed out false positives and make decisions on triage steps
- Assist in creating new processes and automations for Level 1 events
- Analyze risk alarms and events for customers
- Able to work in a fast paced environment with service level agreements in place across clientele
- Understand and able to use a SIEM (Splunk Enterprise Security is our preferred SIEM tool) for event investigation
- Keep up on the latest security news and events, and effectively communicate them to team members
- Linux skills are a plus, but not required
- Note: We are looking for people willing to work flexible hours, as our shifts may need to change to meet customer demands.
Necessary Soft Skills:
- Ability to read and understand written English
- Ability to clearly communicate on the phone and through e-mail/ticket updates
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize tasks appropriately
- Good customer service skills. Note: this job requires you to speak to clients throughout the day, please remember when applying
Splunk Enterprise Security is our preferred SIEM tool, and is used for event investigation. The other technologies we use include Splunk, Suricata, Git, and logs/events from various sources.
Benefits & Perks
We believe in taking care of our team. Hurricane Labs provides our employees with a full benefits package, including 100% company paid medical, dental, and vision insurance, as well as long/short-term disability coverage.
Being part of the Hurricane Labs team also means enjoying a bunch of perks like:
- Open source project support
- On-the-job training/learning opportunities
- No micromanagement
- Flexible work schedule
- Paid holidays
Feel like you would be a good fit?
Tell us why! Please submit your cover letter and resume. We appreciate you taking the time to apply with Hurricane Labs.