Reports to: Head of UX
Location: Remote US or Canada
Compensation Range: $150,000 to $180,000 base plus bonus and equity
What We Do:
Founded in 2015 as a fully remote company by former NSA cyber operators, Huntress was built on a simple premise: to force hackers to earn every inch of their access.
Today’s cyber-attacks aren’t limited to large organizations with the security tools that can ward off threats. Hackers don't discriminate and will find a way to penetrate any vulnerability in any size business, which is why Huntress focuses on protecting those small to midsize businesses that make up the backbone of our economy.
Huntress stops hidden threats that sneak past preventive security tools by utilizing our award-winning security platform and expert human threat hunters through dynamic products including Managed EDR, MDR for Microsoft 365, and Managed Security Awareness Training.
Join the hunt and help us stop hackers in their tracks!
What You’ll Do:
The Product Design team at Huntress is driven by our mission to deliver cybersecurity to the 99%, and our process reflects that. As a Principal Designer on our team, you will ensure a human-centered approach by gathering user feedback, designing thoughtful user journeys, and crafting efficient and easily consumable user interfaces. You will validate designs through user testing, surveys, and similar methods. You will drive product development and features by collaborating with product managers and engineers to address details and craft effective user experiences. As a fully remote design team, you will take part in virtual design critiques, where you will have the opportunity to give and receive feedback on design decisions.
The ideal designer is someone who is passionate about human-centered, empathy-driven, accessible, and inclusive product design.
- Leading efforts on product and feature development
- User Research (Journey Maps, feedback review, interviews)
- User Interface Design and Modernization (Mockups, Prototypes, Design Systems)
- UX Documentation (interaction rules, contributing to design system, Workflow Design)
- Sitemap improvements (Information Architecture)
What you Bring to the Team:
- 12+ years of experience in User Experience Design with 7+ years experience leading the design of high impact digital experiences
- Skilled at expressing & communicating design rationale
- Ability to gather and analyze quantitative & qualitative data
- Excellent web design skills, with an understanding of Web Development
- Proven expertise in designing power-user SaaS experiences and interfaces
- Strong familiarity with human-computer interaction psychology principles
- Proficiency working within an iterative design process and motivated to give and receive group feedback
- Proficiency with design software (we use Figma at Huntress)
- Ability to pivot and keep pace at a fast-moving startup environment
- Degree in design, psychology, computer science, or related field preferred
- An online design portfolio is required for this position
- Experience with Bootstrap & Tailwind design systems
- Designing for or working in the cybersecurity field
- Data visualization techniques
- Proven track record of product modernization
- Web Development programming aptitude
What We Offer:
- 100% remote work environment - since our founding in 2015
- Generous paid time off policy including vacation, sick time, and paid holidays
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Highly competitive and comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits plans
- 401(k) with 5% contribution regardless of employee contribution
- Life and Disability insurance plans
- Stock options for all full-time employees
- One-time $500 stipend to build/upgrade home office
- Annual allowance for education and professional development assistance
- $75 USD/month digital reimbursement
- Access to both Udemy and BetterUp platforms for coaching, personal, and professional growth
Huntress is committed to creating a culture of inclusivity where every single member of our team is valued, has a voice, and is empowered to come to work every day just as they are.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We do discriminate against hackers who try to exploit small businesses.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Please note non-accommodation requests to this inbox will not receive a response.
If you have any questions about your personal data privacy at Huntress, please visit our privacy page.