Reports to: Engineering Manager
Location: Remote within US and Canada Only
Compensation Range: $150,000 to $175,000 base plus bonus and equity
What We Do:
Founded in 2015 by former NSA cyber operators, Huntress was built on a simple premise: to force hackers to earn every inch of their access.
Today’s cyber-attacks aren’t limited to large organizations with the security tools that can ward off threats. Hackers don't discriminate and will find a way to penetrate any vulnerability in any size business. Huntress enables IT providers and resellers to stop hidden threats that sneak past preventive security tools.
Through a combination of expert human threat hunters, a comprehensive platform, and a desire to make the world a safer place, we’re working to deliver cybersecurity to the 99%—those small to midsize businesses that make up the backbone of our economy.
Join the hunt and help us stop hackers in their tracks!
What You’ll Do:
Huntress is growing fast and part of that growth is due to the acquisition of a security awareness training platform called Curricula. Some of the best and most sophisticated cybersecurity technologies today are being rendered useless by one simple thing: employees. Unlike other IT services, security isn’t something you can set and forget. It requires constant vigilance, monitoring and training—and everyday users need to play an active role as you strengthen your defenses.Huntress Security Awareness Training (SAT) delivers a powerful—and fun—combination of episodes, assessments, simulations and reports to help employees become more cyber savvy in the fight against bad actors. Your work as a Senior Software Engineer will help our clients and partners train their users, and help them fix boring security awareness training.
The Huntress team is looking for an experienced Senior Full Stack PHP Engineer to build incremental features to our Security Awareness Training product. This engineer will be responsible for building features from designing how the data is stored, to the APIs exposing the data in a Spec-First approach, to implementing UI frontend components to display the information to the end user. In this role, you will work within a cross-functional agile team, delivering high impact value to our users.
- Build end-to-end features in a Laravel PHP SaaS application
- Design internal and external APIs using a Spec-First approach
- Collaborate across teams to build out internal APIs for other Huntress developer teams
- Write well thought out and well tested code that meets customer asks and business needs
- Focus on quality - build efficient, testable, and reusable PHP modules
- Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges
What You Bring To The Team:
- 3+ years programming in PHP
- 5+ years of experience developing software professionally
- Knowledge of the Laravel PHP framework
- Familiarity with TALL Stack (Tailwind, Alpine, Laravel, Livewire)
- History of writing and maintaining OpenAPI specifications
- Understanding of REST API development practices
- Experience with MySQL and AWS services/infrastructure
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Experience with agile methodologies such as story writing, estimation, retrospectives, Kanban, or Scrum
- Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and concisely
What We Offer:
- 100% remote work environment - since our founding in 2015
- Generous paid time off policy including vacation, sick time, and paid holidays
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Highly competitive and comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits plans
- 401(k) with 5% contribution regardless of employee contribution
- Life and Disability insurance plans
- Stock options for all full-time employees
- One-time $500 stipend to build/upgrade home office
- Annual allowance for education and professional development assistance
- $75 USD/month digital reimbursement
- Access to both Udemy and BetterUp platforms for coaching, personal, and professional growth
Huntress is committed to creating a culture of inclusivity where every single member of our team is valued, has a voice, and is empowered to show up to work every day as their full self.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We do discriminate against hackers who try to exploit small businesses.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note non-accommodation requests to this inbox will not receive a response.