Reports to: CTO
Location: US and Canada, fully remote
Compensation Range: $190,000 to $215,000 base with bonus and equity
What We Do:
Founded in 2015 by former NSA cyber operators, Huntress was built on a simple premise: to force hackers to earn every inch of their access.
Today’s cyber-attacks aren’t limited to large organizations with the security tools that can ward off threats. Hackers don't discriminate and will find a way to penetrate any vulnerability in any size business. Huntress enables IT providers and resellers to stop hidden threats that sneak past preventive security tools.
Through a combination of expert human threat hunters, a comprehensive platform, and a desire to make the world a safer place, we’re working to deliver cybersecurity to the 99%—those small to midsize businesses that make up the backbone of our economy.
Join the hunt and help us stop hackers in their tracks!
What You’ll Do:
As a Software Architect, you will continue to help the Company accomplish its growth and strategic goals by applying technical engineering and leadership skills to accelerate our development velocity while maintaining excellence. You will continue to support the mission of the company to build a Managed Security platform to help small and medium size businesses improve their security with tools that better fit their needs, workflows, and budgets. You will work closely with the Chief Technology Officer to design and build the type of solutions Huntress has become known for—solutions that not only solve problems but drastically improve on industry standards, workflows, and user experiences.
- Work with the CTO to shape and define product technology direction and design of the Huntress Managed Security Platform.
- Understand the needs of the customer and how a customer will use features that are developed for the Platform.
- Ensure that the technologies and architectures used are conducive to fulfilling the business requirements and objectives.
- Work with the product team to design and architect creative solutions for key features and functionality.
- Help the engineering team define general approaches to challenging problems and solve technical issues on performance and scalability.
What You Bring To The Team:
- 7+ years experience designing and building Ruby on Rails applications at scale
- 7+ years experience working with scaled relational databases within AWS
- 5+ years experience interfacing with product management and/or customers
- 5+ years experience supporting engineering teams across multiple software stacks
- Experience designing systems for high-volume data ingest
What We Offer:
- 100% remote work environment - since our founding in 2015
- Generous paid time off policy including vacation, sick time, and paid holidays
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Highly competitive and comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits plans
- 401(k) with 5% contribution regardless of employee contribution
- Life and Disability insurance plans
- Stock options for all full-time employees
- One-time $500 stipend to build/upgrade home office
- Annual allowance for education and professional development assistance
- $75 USD/month digital reimbursement
- Access to both Udemy and BetterUp platforms for coaching, personal, and professional growth
Huntress is committed to creating a culture of inclusivity where every single member of our team is valued, has a voice, and is empowered to show up to work every day as their full self.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We do discriminate against hackers who try to exploit small businesses.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note non-accommodation requests to this inbox will not receive a response.