At Huntress, we have built a team who is focused on protecting our customers against cybersecurity threats. We value transparency, honesty, and going above and beyond to do the right thing. It is an exciting time to join us as we continue to grow, build out our strategy, and gain momentum.
We are looking for a Security Analyst located in Australia to join our Threat Operations (ThreatOps) team. This is a remote position where you will work from home.
In this position, you will play a key role in analyzing potential threats on customers’ hosts while conducting new malware research to ensure continued delivery of world class threat detection. Our analysts compliment automation with contextual experience--just because something is legitimate does not mean it is being used legitimately or the benign file that is actually related to a malware incident. This is where your experience shines; helping to identify malware that has slipped past preventive solutions.
What you'll do day to day:
- Analyze data for potential threats, adding human perspective to our automation
- Dig into newly identified malware to provide customers with the appropriate details to remediate and leverage the knowledge gained for future automation
- Create new “detectors” using indicators discovered through malware analysis and security research
- Help customers by responding to support tickets related to security incidents, occasionally providing assistance with containment and remediation
- Continually grow your knowledge of internal procedures, the Huntress product, the threat landscape, and customer environments
- Contribute to our collaboratively mentored team (we're all here to make each other better!)
- Occasionally writing blogs related to malware incidents we have discovered
We are looking for someone who:
- Considers themselves disciplined, with systematic problem-solving skills
- Possesses in depth knowledge of Windows system administration and troubleshooting (e.g., the registry, services, network configuration, command-line utilities, group policy, WOW64, etc.)
- Has performed advanced software troubleshooting using tools like SysInternal’s ProcMon and Process Explorer tools or software debugging tools
- Has excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Has a good understanding of how preventive security solutions work
- Isn’t afraid to pick up the phone to help a customer
- Is excited to join a growing team and contribute to the growth of the company
- Has a strong desire to keep the world safe from cyber criminals
Ideal, but not required:
- Previous experience with malware analysis
- Python development experience
- Familiarity with MSP tools such as RMMs and PSAs