Huntress provides an industry-leading threat hunting solution to compliment existing security stacks and identify new and old footholds missed by traditional antivirus. Developed by former NSA cyberwarfare operators, Huntress represents a new layer of security by actively hunting down threats that may have slipped past other layers of protection while integrating seamlessly with existing security measures.
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for a variety of duties surrounding the accounting process including; cash reconciliations, month-end close, annual audits, investor reporting, state and federal tax compliance, payroll, and expense reimbursements.
The ideal candidate is excited to participate hands-on in a rapidly changing environment. Working directly with the Controller and cross-departmental stakeholders, you will actively contribute to the overarching goal of helping to fuel the company’s exponential growth.
- Establish accounting policies and procedures congruent with GAAP audits, including revenue recognition, capitalized software, and stock-based compensation.
- Recognize revenue in accordance with ASC 606 guidelines.
- Perform month-end close procedures using Quickbooks Online.
- Prepare GAAP compliant financial reports for executives, investors, and Board of Directors.
- Oversee day-to-day accounting operations like cash reconciliations and bill payments.
- Work closely with the sales and marketing teams on billing, budgeting, and reducing A/R.
- Ensure the company is compliant with state and federal regulations surrounding registration, payroll withholdings, unemployment insurance, and sales tax.
- Manage the expense reimbursement process, including reconciling corporate credit card transactions.
- Provide support for annual audit and tax return filings.
- Process payroll for all employees.
- Familiarity with SaaS KPIs, ASC 606, capitalized software, stock-based compensation.
- GAAP audit experience, either as an auditor or as a client directly in charge.
- Very comfortable with Microsoft Excel (formulas, pivot tables, V Lookups) and Google Sheets
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and priorities with demanding timeframes
- Demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity, change and a dynamic business environment
- Ability to independently research and resolve tasks with minimal supervision with awareness and motivation to collaborate when necessary
- Experience working as part of a small team with varied responsibilities and wide range of focus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Stripe, Hubspot, Gusto, QuickBooks online, Expensify, Bill.com and more advanced ERP/CRM tools
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- 3-6 years of relevant experience
- Experience at a Big 4
- Experience in a SaaS startup environment
- Experience working in a fully remote organization