Who We Are
Hungryroot is the all-in-one recipe and grocery service. We're here to help people feel their best and make grocery shopping, cooking, and enjoying healthy food easier than ever. So, we're creating the first-of-its-kind food experience that puts people (and the planet) first, built for busy lives and individual needs.
We are a distributed team built on top talent from over 10 states across the U.S. While we have an office in NYC, we support employees creating “offices” wherever they are. We believe in fostering team connection and collaboration across all of our “offices” - so don’t expect to be online at 6 am to make a meeting if you’re on the West coast. Expect to attend regular team building events, and to be able to work from the beach every once in a while. Expect to be treated like an owner who cares about our common goal, not someone who has to clock in and out of work.
What You’ll Do
We’re looking for a Marketing Strategy & Analytics Leader to head our marketing analytics function at Hungryroot. In this role, you’ll support both acquisition and retention with rigorous channel measurement, spend allocation optimization, multi-channel attribution, LTV predictions, data-driven customer insights, forecasting, and more.
The ideal candidate has experience running all aspects of marketing analytics at a growing company (DTC and/or subscription experience is a plus!) and loves to answer tough marketing questions (how can we accurately measure the performance of podcast ads, how much should we spend on TV in relation to our other channels to be the most efficient, etc) with data. This player-coach will both develop a holistic framework for a data-backed understanding of end-to-end marketing efforts and make suggestions to optimize all aspects of the marketing work we do.
Important: This is a hands-on role! This position is expected to be both an inspiring people manager that will lead a small, but scrappy, high-performing team, as well as a talented and technical individual contributor that understands and writes complex SQL queries.
You will be joining a growing Digital team responsible for providing the best possible customer experience and driving topline acquisition and retention. We all fit within Hungryroot’s overall team of motivated, smart and kind teammates.
- Oversee and manage the core performance analytics team, driving the roadmap of priority analysis and insight generation for acquisition, retention, and overall growth
- Own channel attribution (including hard to measure channels like podcasts and TV) and spend optimization using a variety of tactics for a rigorous and multifaceted approach
- Represent marketing analytics in cross-functional projects and planning discussions including the marketing inputs to financial planning and reporting business KPIs
- Serve as a primary source of analytic oversight within marketing, identifying opportunities, inconsistencies, and dependencies within the data
- Collaborate with the data engineering team to identify opportunities to further democratize data and streamline data consumption for the performance marketing team
- Serve as a thought partner and analytic/strategic support for channel owners within the digital team (CRM, TV, Paid Social) and marketing/creative teams
- Lead, coach, and develop a small, but highly effective team
- 5+yrs of full-funnel analytics experience
- 1+yrs experience managing at least one direct report
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred (a focus on data science, statistics or another mathematical or scientific field, a plus!)
- Passion for data with strong technical aptitude; proficiency writing complex SQL queries to pull data and build dashboards a must
- Highly analytical and strategic with proven ability to utilize data-driven insights to improve KPIs across acquisition and retention
- Experience attributing the impact of a variety of marketing channels and firsthand experience allocating marketing dollars in the most optimal way through scrappy and rigorous means
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with multiple competing priorities
- A detail-oriented storyteller with a knack for breaking down complex ideas and communicating clear recommendations at all levels
- Experience within a growing eCommerce company and/or subscription DTC experience, a plus
Perks & Benefits
- Remote Work Optional: Work from home, work from our NYC office, work from anywhere, you decide!
- Competitive compensation + comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Monthly Hungryroot credit
- Universal paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- A working environment filled with passionate, happy, smart people!
Hungryroot is built on the values of being proactive, positive, and transparent in all that we do. Our mission to help make healthy eating easy, accessible, and joyful is better served by a diverse workplace.
We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building an inclusive workplace. We have zero-tolerance for harassment or discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.