Who We Are
Hungryroot is the all-in-one recipe and grocery service. We're here to help people feel their best and make grocery shopping, cooking, and enjoying healthy food easier than ever. So, we're creating the first-of-its-kind food experience that puts people (and the planet) first, built for busy lives and individual needs.
We are a distributed team built on top talent from over 10 states across the U.S. While we have an office in NYC, we support employees creating “offices” wherever they are. We believe in fostering team connection and collaboration across all of our “offices” - so don’t expect to be online at 6 am to make a meeting if you’re on the West coast. Expect to attend regular team building events, and to be able to work from the beach every once in a while. Expect to be treated like an owner who cares about our common goal, not someone who has to clock in and out of work.
What You’ll Do
Hungryroot is looking for a Sr. Frontend Software Engineer to join their growing Engineering Team. This individual will be responsible for application design, implementation and maintenance for the consumer facing web interface of Hungryroot. This includes the logged in and logged out experience. A successful Senior Frontend Software Engineer will partner with stakeholders to translate functional requirements into technical requirements and work with their team to bring that vision to life.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Translate business requirements into precise, clear, and straightforward technical specs and/or documentation
- Design and implement responsive and maintainable web components using functional React with css modules
- Follow engineering best practices when designing/implementing algorithms, systems, and user interfaces while contributing high quality code
- Understand tradeoffs and be able to strike a good balance between quality and time-to-market speed, know how to iterate and improve in the long run and take initiative in leading that effort
- Mentor less experienced developers to improve overall code quality
Why We Need You
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 1+ years working with modern frontend frameworks (React/Angular/Vue), preferably React.
- Experience with Typescript
- Experience with React framework (either component or functional)
- Very experienced with automation testing (unit, end-to-end)
- Familiar with CI/CD
Perks & Benefits
- Remote Work Optional: Work from home, work from our NYC office, work from anywhere, you decide!
- Competitive compensation + comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Monthly Hungryroot credit
- Universal paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- A working environment filled with passionate, happy, smart people!
Hungryroot is built on the values of being proactive, positive, and transparent in all that we do. Our mission to help make healthy eating easy, accessible, and joyful is better served by a diverse workplace.
We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building an inclusive workplace. We have zero-tolerance for harassment or discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.