Who We Are
Hungryroot is the all-in-one recipe and grocery service. We're here to help people feel their best and make grocery shopping, cooking, and enjoying healthy food easier than ever. So, we're creating the first-of-its-kind food experience that puts people (and the planet) first, built for busy lives and individual needs.
This position is based on-site at our Indianapolis fulfillment center.
What You’ll Do
Hungryroot is looking for a Power Equipment Driver to join our growing Fulfillment Operations Team. The Inbound PIT driver will support the overall operation of the receiving dock unloading, verifying, receiving, and/or putting away of all inbound product and supplies. Inbound PIT drivers will be expected to operate sit down forklifts, standup reach trucks, and powered or manual pallet jacks. PIT drivers must have 3+ years operating equipment in warehouse environments and be able to operate all equipment in a safe and product manner. This position will be on-site in our East Indianapolis fulfillment center.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Adheres to health & safety policies, GMP’s, and quality standards
- Ability to perform all unloading activities utilizing forklift and/or pallet jack
- Safely operate all equipment and safely handle all product and/or pallets
- Experience using an RF or other handheld scanning device to accurately scan items into and out of warehouse locations (investigate and resolve scanning issues, i.e. missed or wrong scans)
- Assist in researching and resolving inventory, quality, and/or efficiency related opportunities
- Work in a temperature controlled environment averaging 38 degrees
- Maintain a high level of housekeeping in assigned area
- Perform other duties as assigned
Why We Need You
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role
- Previous power equipment experience required
- Experience with RF or other handheld scanning equipment
- Ability to meet established standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis
- Standing continually for a 10-hour shift·
- Potential for overtime; may stand for longer than 10-hour shift
- Ability to lift boxes up to 50 pounds
- Repetitive manual dexterity
- Basic computer skills
- Able to interpret data to make sound operational decisions
Perks & Benefits
- Competitive compensation + comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Monthly Hungryroot credit
- Commuter benefits
- A working environment filled with passionate, happy, smart people!
Hungryroot is built on the values of being proactive, positive, and transparent in all that we do. Our mission to help make healthy eating easy, accessible, and joyful is better served by a diverse workplace.
We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building an inclusive workplace. We have zero-tolerance for harassment or discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.