Who We Are
Hungryroot is the all-in-one recipe and grocery service. We're here to help people feel their best and make grocery shopping, cooking, and enjoying healthy food easier than ever. So, we're creating the first-of-its-kind food experience that puts people (and the planet) first, built for busy lives and individual needs.
We are a distributed team built on top talent from over 10 states across the U.S. While we have an office in NYC, we support employees creating “offices” wherever they are. We believe in fostering team connection and collaboration across all of our “offices” - so don’t expect to be online at 6 am to make a meeting if you’re on the West coast. Expect to attend regular team building events, and to be able to work from the beach every once in a while. Expect to be treated like an owner who cares about our common goal, not someone who has to clock in and out of work.
What You’ll Do
We’re looking for a Senior Fullstack Software Engineer who is excited to play an integral role in our rapidly growing Technology team. This individual will be responsible for architecting, building, and maintaining full-stack web applications for internal users across the company. These internal applications cover but are not limited to inventory management, order/payment processing, customer/order management, admin dashboards, third-party vendor technology integration, etc. A successful Sr. Fullstack Software Engineer will work closely with the operations team, as well as other teams for cross-functional projects.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Translate business requirements into precise, clear, and straightforward technical specs and/or documentation
- Architect scalable, maintainable, and fault-tolerant backend systems using Django and Python
- Develop performant, user-friendly front end applications using React
- Follow engineering best practices when designing/implementing algorithms, data structures, systems, and user interfaces and contribute high quality code
- Understand tradeoffs and be able to strike a good balance between quality and time-to-market speed, know how to iterate and improve in the long run and take initiative in leading that effort
- Timely troubleshoot/debug issues in our internal systems, provide clear analysis, and work with other stakeholders to come up with preventative measures in the future
Why We Need You
- 5 - 8 years of experience in software engineering
- 2+ years of experience with a modern frontend framework (React/Angular/Vue), preferably React
- 3+ years of experience developing backend web applications using Python
- 1+ years of experience with a backend MVC framework is preferred (Django/Flask/Rails, etc.)
Perks & Benefits
- Remote Work Optional: Work from home, work from our NYC office, work from anywhere, you decide!
- Competitive compensation + comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Monthly Hungryroot credit
- Universal paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- A working environment filled with passionate, happy, smart people!
Hungryroot is built on the values of being proactive, positive, and transparent in all that we do. Our mission to help make healthy eating easy, accessible, and joyful is better served by a diverse workplace.
We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building an inclusive workplace. We have zero-tolerance for harassment or discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.