Who We Are
Hungryroot is the all-in-one recipe and grocery service. We're here to help people feel their best and make grocery shopping, cooking, and enjoying healthy food easier than ever. So, we're creating the first-of-its-kind food experience that puts people (and the planet) first, built for busy lives and individual needs.
This position is based on-site at our Indianapolis fulfillment center.
What You’ll Do
Hungryroot is looking for an Inbound Associate to join our growing Operations Team. As an Inbound Associate, this individual will be responsible for varying job functions related to receiving products. These job functions include, but are not limited to: unloading trailers, breaking down mixed pallets, sorting and counting incoming items, building pallets of a single SKU and readying for staging at pick lines or storage in warehouse locations.
This individual will need to be able to meet established standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis. This position will require physical labor and an ideal candidate is someone who is comfortable standing for 8+ hours and can lift boxes that weigh up to 50 pounds.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Verify incoming items/receipts via a 3-way match (PO, BOL, Physical) - identify discrepancies as applicable
- Complete all receiving paperwork timely and accurately
- Perform put-away functions using forklift, reach truck, etc.
- Unload inbound trailers
- Enter receiving data in WMS as applicable
- Maintains a clean safe work area and adhere to health & safety policies, GMP’s, and quality standards
- Able to work in temperatures of 34 -38 degrees for entirety of shift
- Able to work in freezer as needed, 0 degrees (protective gear will be provided)
- Perform other duties as assigned
Why We Need You
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent
- 1+ years of experience in a similar role, warehouse receiving experience preferred
- Experience with forklift, reach truck, or other powered equipment
- Ability to meet established standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis
- Ability to accurately complete receiving paperwork
- Repetitive manual dexterity
- Ability to continuously stand for an 8-10 hour shift
- Ability to lift boxes up to 50 pounds
Perks & Benefits
- Competitive compensation + comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Monthly Hungryroot credit
- Commuter benefits
- A working environment filled with passionate, happy, smart people!
Hungryroot is built on the values of being proactive, positive, and transparent in all that we do. Our mission to help make healthy eating easy, accessible, and joyful is better served by a diverse workplace.
We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building an inclusive workplace. We have zero-tolerance for harassment or discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.