Are you interested in championing a product that makes work better? The science is clear: happier employees are more productive and stay at companies longer—everyone wins!
Who we are
Humu sends intelligent nudges to every person within a company. These small, scientifically-backed suggestions help each person build better habits, work smarter, and connect with their colleagues—and are the most effective way to drive positive change throughout an organization. We are a behavioral change start-up founded by Laszlo Bock, Wayne Crosby, and Dr. Jessie Wisdom, and a growing team with diverse backgrounds and expertise in the People and Product space.
What you’ll get to work on
Humu’s Nudge Engine® deploys thousands of customized nudges—small, personal steps—throughout organizations to empower every employee, manager, team, and leader as a change agent. Over time, our nudges grow increasingly aware of the timing, messaging, and motivational techniques that inspire individual employees towards action.
As a member of Humu’s People Science team, you will be the face of our product to new customers by helping to guide them in improving their workplace. As an early member, you’ll build our relationships and community to a diverse set of industries, customers, and workforces.
Where you fit in
We are committed to change the working world for the better by bringing greater meaning and happiness into everyone's working lives, everywhere. We are passionate about our mission, and excited to grow our school of fish with people who want to do the same - and people who will bring in their different perspectives to help us continue to shape our team and product. If this is you, we encourage you swim into our candidate pool!
As a member of our People Science team, you will:
- Conduct analyses to better understand the individuals who use our product, then use the results of these analyses to further drive product adoption and behavioral change. For example, using data to uncover or better understand:
- The profiles/segments of individuals who use our product
- The effectiveness of nudges in creating behavioral change
- The cascading impacts of nudges on behavioral change within an organization
- Better ways to measure/operationalize behavioral change
- Design, run, and analyze the results of experiments and A/B tests on our product’s features
- Run custom analytics for our clients and create deliverables based on your findings
- Act as a bridge to our Engineering team, collaborating with other software engineers to:
- Design and build production analytics pipelines based on analyses you’ve found consistently effective
- Scope and build new product features based on the results of your analyses
- Strong background in statistics, data analysis, or data science
- Masters or Ph.D. in Psychology, Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science, Economics, or other related field, or graduation from a data science training program or fellowship such as Insight Data Science preferred – but highly qualified candidates without these experiences will also be considered.
- 2–99 years of experience working on a software engineering team building robust production software, with knowledge of how to write maintainable, reliable code (our engineers use Python, but it’s OK if your experience is in another language)
- Expert knowledge of advanced statistical techniques (e.g., regression, cluster analysis, latent profile analysis, hierarchical linear modeling, choice modeling, social network analysis, Bayesian methodologies, etc.) and statistical software (e.g., R, SAS, Stata)
- Experience working with either people data or product usage data (e.g., survey data, HR data, psychological study data, human behavior data, or product interaction data)
- Strong communication skills with a growth and learning mindset