Are you interested in championing a product to make our work and organizations to be better? The science is clear: happier employees are more productive and stay at companies longer—everyone wins!
Who we are
Humu is building experiences—backed by science—to drive positive change in the way people and organizations work. We are a behavioral change start-up founded by Laszlo Bock, Wayne Crosby, and Dr. Jessie Wisdom. We're a fun group with diverse backgrounds and expertise in the People and Product space.
What you’ll get to work on
Humu’s Nudge Engine™ deploys thousands of customized nudges—small, personal steps—throughout organizations to empower every employee, manager, team, and leader as a change agent. Over time, our nudges grow increasingly aware of the timing, messaging, and motivational techniques that inspire individual employees towards action.
Where you fit in
As a member of the Finance team at Humu, you will be responsible for managing the reporting for financial and operational performance metrics. As an early member, you will apply your financial and technical knowledge to evaluate and support strategic decision making by the leadership team.
Role and responsibilities:
- Partner with outside finance vendor to own end-to-end financial planning, forecasting and month-end close activities.
- Track business performance against operating plans and prepare variance analyses for management and other key stakeholders
- Perform ad-hoc reporting and analysis as needed, including evaluation of key business initiatives
- Work with the management team to establish and evolve strategies, roadmaps, and revenue targets for the business
- Manage our internal financial processes and interactions with customers
- Develop financial reports and presentations for internal discussions and investor review
- BA/BS degree in finance, accounting, business, economics, or related field
- 5+ years of relevant experience in financial operations, budgeting, forecasting, and complex financial analysis, preferably in a SaaS/Software organization
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to prioritize and deliver in a fast-paced environment
- Expertise in quantitative analyses and presentation
- Mastery of Microsoft Excel with the ability to create robust, scalable, and flexible financial models
- Entrepreneurial spirit that thrives in a demanding, fast-paced environment with the ability to roll up your sleeves and get any job - no matter how big or small - done.