Are you interested in championing a product to make our work and organizations to be better? The science is clear: happier employees are more productive and stay at companies longer—everyone wins!
Who we are
Humu is building experiences—backed by science—to drive positive change in the way people and organizations work. We are a behavioral change start-up founded by Laszlo Bock, Wayne Crosby, and Dr. Jessie Wisdom. We're a fun group with diverse backgrounds and expertise in the People and Product space.
What you’ll get to work on
Humu’s Nudge Engine™ deploys thousands of customized nudges—small, personal steps—throughout organizations to empower every employee, manager, team, and leader as a change agent. Over time, our nudges grow increasingly aware of the timing, messaging, and motivational techniques that inspire individual employees towards action.
As a member of Humu’s Design team, you will our first in-house user experience researcher. In this role, you will help shape our design and product strategy by developing a deep understanding of our users and being a champion for their needs.
Where you fit in
We are committed to change the working world for the better by bringing greater meaning and happiness into everyone's working lives, everywhere. We are passionate about our mission, and excited to grow our school of fish with people who want to do the same - and people who will bring in their different perspectives to help us continue to shape our team and product. If this is you, we encourage you swim into our candidate pool!
Role and responsibilities:
- As an early member of our fast-growing team, you have an opportunity to wear many hats as you help define the product experience for our users.
- Distill and prioritize the most important research questions from our broad and complex roadmap
- Develop and share a deep, nuanced understanding of the different users we build for
- Employ a range of qualitative and quantitative research methods, with an understanding for the “best tool for the job”
- Analyze and synthesize research findings into actionable insights
- Communicate and collaborate across Humu teams to make sure our products drive positive behavior change within organizations
- Work closely with our product designers to create thoughtful, well-crafted user experiences
- Evangelize user experience research and user-centered design throughout the company
- 2 - 99 years of experience running UX research in the lab, remotely, or in the field
- Strong communication skills with a growth and learning mindset
- Attention to detail and commitment to excellent user experiences
- Desire to collaborate across Humu’s growing team
- Experience deploying a variety of research methods to develop foundational insights, as well as tactical work and usability testing.
- Ability to execute all stages of the research process: problem definition, participant recruitment, protocol design, in-field logistics, moderation, data analysis, reporting, etc.