Are you interested in championing a product to make our work and organizations to be better? The science is clear: happier employees are more productive and stay at companies longer—everyone wins!
Who we are
Humu is building experiences—backed by science—to drive positive change in the way people and organizations work. We are a behavioral change start-up founded by Laszlo Bock, Wayne Crosby, and Dr. Jessie Wisdom. We're a fun group with diverse backgrounds and expertise in the People and Product spaces.
What you’ll get to work on
Humu’s Nudge Engine™ deploys thousands of customized nudges—small, personal steps—throughout organizations to empower every employee, manager, team, and leader as a change agent. Over time, our nudges grow increasingly aware of the timing, messaging, and motivational techniques that inspire individual employees towards action.
As a member of Humu’s People Love team, you will be responsible for making work better internally for our Humuns. As an early member, you will help us scale our culture, by managing and introducing new initiatives to support the Humun employee experience.
Where you fit in
We are committed to change the working world for the better by bringing greater meaning and happiness into everyone's working lives, everywhere. We are passionate about our mission, and excited to grow our school of fish with people who want to do the same—people who will bring in their different perspectives to help us continue to shape our team and product. If this is you, we encourage you swim into our candidate pool!
Role and responsibilities:
- As a member of our People Love Team, you will be the main point of contact to administer benefits and payroll initiatives to support the internal employee experience
- Ensure our people policies and practices are effectively communicated and followed, including vacation, parental and other leave programs
- Facilitate annual open enrollment: plan analysis, plan selection, HRIS integration, company communication and trainings
- Work with general counsel to ensure we follow all compliance and reporting laws
- Manage employee documents and keep templates up to date in accordance with company policy and legal obligations.
- Review and amend policies and handbook as required by the organization and/or legal compliance regulations
- Support a smooth onboarding and offboarding process for all employees
- 2+ years of experience in a people operations role
- Strong communication skills with a growth and learning mindset
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality regarding payroll, benefits, and employee issues
- Analytical and technical skills to perform data to collect and analyze data
- Strong organizational skills, project management abilities, and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills, high level of empathy, and a good sense of judgement
- General understanding of HR standard methodologies and principles