Are you interested in developing a product to make our work and organizations to be better? The science is clear: happier employees are more productive and stay at companies longer—everyone wins!
Who we are
Humu is building experiences—backed by science—to drive positive change in the way people and organizations work. We are a behavioral change start-up founded by Laszlo Bock, Wayne Crosby, and Dr. Jessie Wisdom. We're a fun group with diverse backgrounds and expertise in the People and Product space.
What you’ll get to work on
Humu’s Nudge Engine™ deploys thousands of customized nudges—small, personal steps—throughout organizations to empower every employee, manager, team, and leader as a change agent. Over time, our nudges grow increasingly aware of the timing, messaging, and motivational techniques that inspire individual employees towards action.
As a member of Humu’s Forward Deployed Software Engineering team, you will be in charge of ensuring the success of Humu customers from a technical standpoint.
Where you fit in
We are committed to change the working world for the better by bringing greater meaning and happiness into everyone's working lives, everywhere. We are passionate about our mission, and excited to grow our school of fish with people who want to do the same - and people who will bring in their different perspectives to help us continue to shape our team and product. If this is you, we encourage you swim into our candidate pool!
Role and responsibilities:
- As a member of Humu’s Product team, you will “ship” (figuratively & literally) quality product iterations to end-users
- Collaborate with other Humu teams (People Science & Love) to translate research-backed science to products that drive behavior change within organizations
- Lead, shape, and build new features and functionality
- Plan and implement integrations for clients, and customized features for seamless client experience
- Respond to, triage, and build solutions for high priority client requests
- Interface and collaborate with engineers on other teams to assure client needs are met
- Meet with clients to determine their business needs and translate those needs into technical requirements and scope.
- Driven engineer that is motivated to build a great product and great codebase in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills with a growth and learning mindset
- Ability to engage customers in enlightened business need discussions versus feature/function basics.
- Design integration extraction and consumption methodologies internally and externally
- Excitement to work with a variety of customers to come up with solutions to meet their needs.
- Varied experience working across the technical stack, delivering quality code on both frontend and backend
- Strong analytical thinking and ability to make data-driven sequencing decisions
- Attention to detail, great sense of design, and commitment to beautiful user experiences
- Understanding of computer science fundamentals, schema design, and best practices
- Understanding of backend technologies and tooling––we use Python, Flask, and Google Cloud Platform