Are you interested in developing a product to make our work and organizations to be better? The science is clear: happier employees are more productive and stay at companies longer—everyone wins!
Who we are
Humu is building experiences—backed by science—to drive positive change in the way people and organizations work. We are a behavioral change start-up founded by Laszlo Bock, Wayne Crosby, and Dr. Jessie Wisdom. We're a fun group with diverse backgrounds and expertise in the People and Product space.
What you’ll get to work on
Humu’s Nudge Engine™ deploys thousands of customized nudges—small, personal steps—throughout organizations to empower every employee, manager, team, and leader as a change agent. Over time, our nudges grow increasingly aware of the timing, messaging, and motivational techniques that inspire individual employees towards action.
Where you fit in
We are committed to change the working world for the better by bringing greater meaning and happiness into everyone's working lives, everywhere. We are passionate about our mission, and excited to grow our school of fish with people who want to do the same - and people who will bring in different perspectives to help us continue to shape our team and product. If this is you, we encourage you swim into our candidate pool!
Role and responsibilities:
- 3–4 month internship (Fall 2019 or Winter 2020) – with potential to convert to full-time employment
- You will be a full-fledged team member, working on real problems alongside our Product Team
- As a member of Humu’s Product team, you will “ship” (figuratively & literally) quality product iterations to end-users
- Collaborate with other Humu teams (People Science/Sales/Partner Experience) to translate research-backed science to products that drive behavior change within organizations
- Lead, shape, and build new features and functionality
- Possible projects include:
- Improving nudge scheduling tools to give the People Science team more flexibility and autonomy
- Creating additional survey features to allow us to gain a more nuanced understanding of the culture within an organization
- Building out new features in our product alongside a team of other engineers
- Possible projects include:
- Availability to intern either September - December 2019 or January - April 2020
- Strong preference for candidates who are open to full-time employment with Humu within one (1) year after internship
- Driven engineer who is motivated to build a great product and great codebase in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills with a growth and learning mindset
- Experience working across the full technical stack, delivering quality code on both frontend and backend
- Strong analytical thinking and ability to make data-driven sequencing decisions
- Attention to detail, great sense of design, and commitment to beautiful user experiences
- Understanding of computer science fundamentals, schema design, and best practices
- Understanding of backend technologies and tooling––we use Python, Flask, and Google Cloud Platform