Hummingbird is a remote-first, fully distributed team united by the shared mission of helping fight financial crime. Since our launch in 2017, we’ve helped major financial institutions and tech-savvy trailblazers alike (e.g. Stripe, Affirm, Blockchain.com, etc.) orchestrate their compliance programs through our thoughtfully designed, intuitive SaaS product. We believe finding and stopping financial crime is a problem rooted in code, language and design, so we built the product that the heroes doing this work deserve.
We are customer-obsessed, and we love building and shipping great products. We set a high bar, challenge our assumptions, seek diverse opinions, and support each other to do our best work.
About the Role
As our first hire in Finance, you’ll lead our accounting and FP&A practice areas. This is an opportunity to build these critical practice areas at a high-growth enterprise SaaS company. You will work closely with our CEO and leadership team to develop short and long term financial strategies. You will own analytics and strategy relating to our financial KPIs, and play a foundational role in building a highly successful business.
What you’re looking to do:
- Join the leadership team at a purposeful enterprise SaaS company. Work closely with the leads of each practice area to develop and lead financial strategies.
- Build a top-tier team at a company doing important work in the finance industry. Manage our operations in AR/AP, tax-related matters, and strategic forecasting needs.
- Lead our finance operations, including strategic financial decisions, FP&A, accounting, and investor relationships.
- Conduct ongoing ﬁnancial forecasting and modeling, lead annual budgeting and planning process, and provide clear visibility and recommendations to achieve the financial goals.
- Develop Board of Directors materials and reporting on financial matters, and build relationships with potential investors in the VC and Private Equity industries.
- Help create a global platform for fighting financial crime!
What we’re looking for:
- Experience in finance leadership roles at high-growth SaaS companies
- Experience providing insights, analyses, and expertise on financial matters to a leadership team and Board of Directors.
- Diversity of experience including FP&A, financing, accounting strategies, and investment decisions.
- Experience leading a growing finance and accounting team including hiring, training, work allocation, motivating, and measuring success, with a focus on bringing together a diverse set of backgrounds and opinions in an inclusive way.
- Strong FP&A experience and analytical superpowers.
- A love of finance, analytics, and diving into the numbers.
What’s in it for you:
- The chance to help build from the ground up. The hires we’re making now are foundational to our growth as a company, so you will have an opportunity to help shape the future of Hummingbird.
- Competitive compensation including cash and equity.
- Remote-first, fully distributed company with flexible working hours.
- Awesome health, vision & dental benefits, and 401k.
- Safe, respectful & comfortable work environment with colleagues and leadership who prioritize diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please don't hesitate to contact us to request accommodation.