Hummingbird is a remote-first, fully distributed team united by the shared mission of helping fight financial crime. Since our launch in 2017, we’ve helped major financial institutions and tech-savvy trailblazers alike (e.g. Stripe, Affirm, Blockchain.com, etc.) orchestrate their compliance programs through our thoughtfully designed, intuitive SaaS product. We believe finding and stopping financial crime is a problem rooted in code, language and design, so we built the product that the heroes doing this work deserve.
We are customer-obsessed, and we love building and shipping great products. We set a high bar, challenge our assumptions, seek diverse opinions, and support each other to do our best work.
About the Role
We’re hiring our first boots-on-the-ground in the UK! We’re looking for a Regional Lead to help lead and drive our expansion into the European market. You’ll be responsible for selling into the fastest growing and well-respected FinTech companies and financial institutions across Europe. You’ll manage the entirety of the sales cycle, end-to-end, selling to C-level execs at some of the most influential companies in the financial industry.
What you’re looking to do:
- Strategically sell enterprise-grade SaaS. Thoughtfully develop plans of action to penetrate the top FinTechs, banks, and other financial services companies globally.
- Help lead the Hummingbird team in the UK. As one of the first hires for us in the region, you’ll play a leadership role in helping hire and lead our go-to-market function in the UK.
- Develop new business. Generate new opportunities via targeted outreach and networking, and partner closely with Enterprise Sales Development reps on strategy for pipeline building.
- Market identification & development. Work with Hummingbird sales leadership and operations to help forecast opportunities in new and emerging markets.
- Collaborate cross-functionally. Work with teams across Hummingbird, including our leadership, Customer Success, and Product teams - as you deep dive into our world, you’ll bring back market intelligence valuable across the organization.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience in direct new business sales for an enterprise SaaS company; you understand the complexities that come with longer sales cycles and large deal sizes. Familiarity with financial industry buyers is a bonus.
- Exposure to a startup environment, with a rapidly growing team and innovative product.
- Experience building genuine, trusting relationships with executives at sales prospects.
- A bias for action, accountability and leadership. We’re a small team, but we’re certainly mighty. We have lofty goals, and we’re looking for someone who wants to get onboard and drive to help us achieve them.
- Passion for what we do - We are taking on the difficult and hugely important problem of financial crime, and the only way to do this at scale is to grow our customer base.
What’s in it for you:
- The chance to help build from the ground up. The hires we’re making now are foundational to our growth as a company, so you will have an opportunity to help shape the future of Hummingbird.
- Competitive base salary & OTE with uncapped commission.
- Ownership equity in the form of stock options.
- Remote-first, fully distributed company with flexible working hours.
- Awesome health, vision & dental benefits
- Safe, respectful & comfortable work environment with colleagues and leadership who prioritize diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please don't hesitate to contact us to request accommodation.