Hummingbird is a remote-first, fully distributed team united by the shared mission of helping fight financial crime. Since our launch in 2017, we’ve helped major financial institutions and tech-savvy trailblazers alike (e.g. Stripe, Affirm, Blockchain.com, etc.) orchestrate their compliance programs through our thoughtfully designed, intuitive SaaS product. We believe finding and stopping financial crime is a problem rooted in code, language and design, so we built the product that the heroes doing this work deserve.
We are customer-obsessed, and we love building and shipping great products. We set a high bar, challenge our assumptions, seek diverse opinions, and support each other to do our best work.
- Write code to fight financial crime: First and foremost, our software engineers use their skills to serve our shared mission. You'll build easy-to-use tools that help our customers analyze, investigate, and report financial data associated with potentially suspicious activities.
- Work with a small, passionate, and experienced team: We're a small team of mostly senior engineers and we love to do great work together. We're fully remote, but we make a strong effort to prioritize, design, and code collaboratively.
- Grapple with the challenges of working in a high security, high stakes environment: We work with some of the most sensitive data you can imagine and provide a critical service to our customers. Security, reliability, and correctness must always come first.
- Influence the product roadmap and strategy: Great ideas come from everywhere. Everyone on the team has a voice in strategy discussions, and is trusted to make significant decisions.
- Have the opportunity to grow into leadership: Hummingbird is growing rapidly. As we do, there will be opportunities for engineers to take on new roles in product, technology, or people leadership positions.
- 4+ years of experience building web applications, preferably with some startup experience.
- You love building web applications and want to work on something meaningful.
- You sail through ambiguity and like discussing product ideas.
- Iteration is part of the fun. You’re not married to specific ideas or solutions.
- Design is important to you,
- You want your impact to go beyond the lines of code you write.
- Safety first. You care about quality, testing, and security.
- You like digging deeply into new technologies, new domains, or new ideas.
- You want to build something exceptionally valuable and have real impact on the world. You're excited to get your hands dirty in pursuit of that goal.
- (Bonus) Experience in the financial sector, especially around compliance or fraud.
Technologies we use and teach:
- AWS, PostgreSQL, Redis
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please don't hesitate to contact us to request accommodation.