Do you want to impact how engineering and operations teams manage complex systems by improving the way they interact with and manage logging? Would you like to work with an experienced team debugging issues and supporting large systems in both traditional bare metal and cloud environments? If so, please do read on.
We’re looking for a Support Engineer to help customers have a successful experience with Humio. With the backing of your team, you’ll be answering technical questions, assisting with configuration issues, and diagnosing/debugging operations-related problems for existing customer installations.
Success in this position requires well-rounded technical and analytical skills combined with the ability to listen to and understand people and their challenges in a deeply technical context. While you’ll be very independent, we greatly value people with a team-player mentality. People who are humble enough to realize they aren't always right but confident enough to share their ideas, even if they might be wrong. This is also crucial in your role as the external face of Humio. Our success depends on you! The right candidate will check off many of the things on our experience wishlist:
- Linux systems including familiarity with Bash and shell scripting
- Log aggregation services (e.g., Splunk, Sumologic, Logstash, Humio, etc.)
- Orchestration tools (e.g., Ansible, Nomad, and Docker)
- Data shipping services (e.g., Fluentd, Elastic Beats, Syslog, etc.)
- Cloud providers (e.g., AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.)
- Distributed data stores (e.g., Kafka)
- Directory servers and single sign-on providers (e.g., AD/LDAP, Auth0, Okta, etc.)
- At least one programming language such as Go, Java, Ruby, Python, Scala, or similar (Java/Scala preferred)
- Container orchestration systems such as Kubernetes
Last, but not least, we’re proud of what we do and you must be equally proud of the work you do.
Please note that this job is based out of our office in Aarhus, DK. Fluency in English (written and oral) is required.
Humio is a paradigm shift, changing the way people think about log management software. At the core of this paradigm shift is our people. Since we feel it’s so important to inspire, support, grow, and enable one another, we've chosen a diverse group of smart, creative, talented, compassionate, and fun people to work with. The work is challenging but also allows for great flexibility to prioritise off-work commitments, and we wouldn't have it any other way. If you see yourself as a great match with us and the job, we would love nothing more than for you to join us!