If you’re interested in being a part of the game industry and love helping people, this may be the position for you. Join our Support and Quality Assurance team, and you will help change the face of digital distribution and raise millions of dollars for charity. Your work will immediately impact our customer base who have helped us in raising over $128M for amazing charities like the ACLU, Child's Play, and EFF.
Our ideal Quality Assurance candidate loves to play games and has a passion for solving technical problems. As the front line of Humble Bundle's internal communication across multiple teams, they will spend their days talking to coworkers across various projects, identifying issues that could impact the customer experience, and helping to make sure everybody is on the same page.
- Create test plans applicable to new features, promotions and other content
- Write, review, revise, and verify test procedures for website and product evaluations
- Serve as a stakeholder to project advancement, lending feedback through a customer perspective during ideation phases
- Organize internal testing, either individually or within a team, to provide end-user validation in real-life scenarios
- Work independently and collaboratively to manage the QA schedule and future projects
- Test DRM-Free builds of games to ensure basic functionality in Windows, Mac, and Linux
- Test key redemptions on various storefronts, such as Steam, Uplay, etc.
- Validate that internal proprietary software performs to established guidelines
- Collaborate heavily with the Customer Service team and Operations to report upcoming pipeline information, which may include providing instructions on how an upcoming feature or promotion may work
- Monitor, manage, and communicate with internal teams on issues/bugs
- Verify and approve components of every bundle, promotion or campaign, and confirm they are complete and ready for launch.
Experience / Requirements
- High School diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of 3 years experience performing Quality Assurance
- A minimum of 2 years experience creating Test Plans
- An understanding of development sprints and ecommerce
- Previous experience with JIRA, Asana, or other tracking software
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in the English language
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced and high-volume environment
- Ability to manage workloads and scheduling to meet various deadlines
- Strong problem-solving skills and empathy for issues which affect the gaming community
- Previous experience with Steam
- Previous experience with the Google Apps suite
- Previous experience testing with Android and iOS operating systems
- A passion for and above average knowledge of gaming and gaming culture in general, including PC/Mac and Mobile.
- Understanding of Python and/or UNIX
- Previous experience with Dropbox
- Previous experience with App Engine data-stacks
*We are an Equal Opportunity Employer