At HUMAN, we know who’s real. We are the global leader in bot mitigation. We protect more than 200 enterprises—including the largest internet platforms—from sophisticated bots by verifying the humanity of nearly one trillion online interactions every week. The most sophisticated bots look and act like humans when they click on ads, visit websites, fill out forms, take over accounts, and commit payment fraud. We stop them.
Founded in 2012 in a Brooklyn sci-fi bookstore, our Bot Mitigation Platform protects enterprises from the sophisticated bots that threaten them. It’s an ongoing war that we fight passionately every day. Join our mission to stop bots, disrupt the economics of cyber crime, and keep it human.
The Data Science team at HUMAN is at the heart of what we do - finding and stopping bots. We build the algorithms that run behind the scenes analysing and decisioning more than 10 trillion events per week. We deploy state-of-the-art statistical and machine learning models that need to work at massive scale while also being robust to common fraudster tactics of evasion and deception.
MediaGuard is our product for advertising platforms, allowing real-time insight for customers into which advertising opportunities are fraudulent bot-driven events.
Who you are
- You’ve got solid experience (at least 2 years) of solving large-scale data science problems in ad-tech or a closely related domain (such as e-commerce or web analytics).
- You are fluent with Python and SQL and familiar with related tools, libraries and platforms (e.g. Jupyter, Pandas, NumPy etc).
- You have a strong sense of ownership which drives you to find ways to keep moving forward in the face of uncertainty.
- You’ve mentored more junior data scientists and helped them grow.
What you'll do
- Establish yourself as a technical leader at HUMAN. First by understanding our detection methodology and how data science fits in, then by using your experience to identify where we can improve and making that improvement happen.
- Evaluate and implement data analysis strategies to improve detection efficacy at internet-scale.
- Influence detection strategy and aid our leadership in understanding the detection impact of new initiatives.
- Collaborate with product, engineering and customer success to define and develop new data-intensive product features that will delight our customers.
- Research for case studies with our partners on botnets, fraud and abuse in online advertising.
- Contribute to toolkits and platforms that scale detection analytics.
Life at HUMAN
Our HQ office is located in the heart of New York City. We are growing the company deliberately with a keen eye towards maintaining a culture that values diversity, lifestyle, and career growth. We are doing meaningful work and our ambition means we need more people to help us. We have offices located in NYC, London, Washington DC, and Victoria (Canada).