Human Interest is on a mission to ensure that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits.
Nearly half of all working Americans are not saving enough for their future. Too often it’s because they are employed by a company that doesn’t offer a retirement plan. Human Interest is changing that by making it affordable and accessible for small and medium-sized businesses to offer employees a path to financial independence through retirement savings.
As a member of the Contribution Trade Operations team, you will act as a force multiplier on the operations side of a rapidly-scaling startup. Process driven and people focused, you are organized, friendly. and flexible. As a Contribution Trade Operations Associate, you get to support the day-to-day administration of our clients’ 401(k) plans and ensure accurate and timely financial transactions. Part organizational whiz, part detail ninja, you may be early in your career, but you are methodical, responsible, and eager to make a great impact.
What you get to do every day
- Review and reconcile 401(k) related customer and account data
- Process customer transactions such as contributions, loans, and adjustments
- Problem-solve issues and double-check reports for discrepancies
- Work cross-functionally with customer success, implementation, engineering, and compliance to address customer inquiries and improve processes to build a better product that is scalable as we continue to grow
- Become an expert at operational processes and source of knowledge for internal stakeholders
- Work on projects as needed
What you bring to the role
- 2 years of experience in Accounting or the 401(k) industry
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to perform at high efficiency in a fast-paced environment
- Work well on teams as well as independently
- Good with numbers
- Time management skills
- Problem solving skills
- Passion for research
- Ability to identify and communicate process improvements
- Reconciliation skills preferred but not required
- Bachelor’s degree OR equivalent experience preferred
Where you will work
- Utah County, Utah (office in Lindon area)
- Hybrid, in office 3 days per week
Why you will love working at Human Interest
Mission - Highly collaborative startup dedicated to supporting employee engagement and growth. It’s an opportunity to help solve one of the biggest unsolved problems in America: saving for retirement.
Culture - Our operating principles define how we come together as a team to do our work. They reflect Human Interest’s unique view on what’s important and what’s right. Documenting this core aspect of our culture helps employees make good decisions on their own. It also helps candidates considering career opportunities critically evaluate whether they will thrive at Human Interest.
- Customer obsession
- Long-term orientation
- Autonomous and accountable teams
- An escalating bar for talent and performance
- Fundamental optimism
Compensation - The hourly range target for the role seniority described in this job description is $21.00 - $24.00 per hour. Final offer amounts depend on multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise, compensation/equity mix, and market data. This position may also be eligible for additional incentives such as equity awards, short-term incentives, or sales compensation.
- A great 401(k) plan: Our own! Our 401(k) includes a dollar-for-dollar employer match up to 4% of compensation (immediately vested) and $0 plan fees
- Top-of-the-line health plans, as well as dental and vision insurance
- Generous PTO and parental leave policies
- Lyra - Enhanced Mental Heath Support for Employees and dependents
- Carrot - Fertility healthcare and family forming benefits
- Candidly - Student loan resource to help you and your family plan, borrow, and repay student debt
- Monthly work-from-home stipend; annual wellness stipend
- Employee Resource Groups including Veterans, Lift Ev’ry Voice, Pride, LatinX, Families, and Women in Tech
- Fun online and regional events and celebrations and department and company offsites
About Human Interest:
We’re a high-growth, Series D-funded company that’s changing the retirement industry. Named one of America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes, one of the Best Places to Work by Built In, and a Top Company by Y Combinator, we’ve raised $500M and are backed by leading investors, including Blackrock, TPG (The Rise Fund), SoftBank, Glynn Capital, NewView Capital, USVP, Wing, Uncork, and others.
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, pregnancy, or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Human Interest employees must adhere to the Company’s security policies and Code of Ethics.
Please note Human Interest does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider resumes from vendors including and without limitation search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services, and recruiting agencies. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We comply with CCPA guidelines. See more: https://humaninterest.com/disclosures