Human Interest is on a mission to ensure that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits.
Nearly half of all working Americans are not saving enough for their future. Too often it’s because they are employed by a company that doesn’t offer a retirement plan. Human Interest is changing that by making it affordable and accessible for small and medium-sized businesses to offer employees a path to financial independence through retirement savings.
The Billing, Collections & Revenue Senior Manager has a hybrid operations and finance role with oversight of the billings, collections and revenue processes for Human Interest Inc. This includes identifying and documenting all controls, policies, and standard operating procedures related to end to end systems that support billing and collections for all revenue streams. In this role, you will also ensure the accuracy of our revenue recognition and partner commissions results in compliance with US GAAP
The Senior Manager is responsible for leading a team that maintains and executes monthly billing/ collections responsibilities, manages key relationships with Revenue Operations and Platform Engineering, monitors and reports on billing, collections and revenue performance to executive leadership. In addition, the Senior Manager will work with cross functional leaders to identify and implement enhancements to day-to-day billing, collections and revenue operations.
The Senior Manager may also be asked to lead projects and obtain additional knowledge and have the flexibility to work across other organizations as requested.
This position is expected to have 2-3 direct reports and vendor oversight.
What you get to do every day
- Oversee HI’s customer billing processing, including leading strategic initiatives to optimize all billing and collection related activities and drive oversight over monthly SLAs
- Conduct billing validations and establish quality assurance processes and controls in monthly billing & collections processes for compliance and audit support
- Manage reconciliations for Billings, Accounts Receivable, Collections and Deferred revenue schedules per established guidelines. Partner with Finance IT to ensure NetSuite revenue module is appropriately configured for new billing types, rules, collections activities, and GL codes as required
- Oversee and implement processes for customer service resolution of billing & collections tickets with an understanding of the impact of decisions on other teams and systems
- Produce billing, collections and revenue metrics for management and audit support
- Provide day-to-day management and tasking of direct reports and cross functional teams within the Billing & Collections function
- Serve as the primary point of contact and subject matter expert for billing and collections related inquiries Customer Success, Partner Operations and Finance teams including Treasury, Accounting, and Tax.
What you bring to the role
- Highly organized with an attention for detail and problem-solving
- Ability to manage simultaneous projects/work streams, set priorities, and exercise independent judgment Competence with mathematics, technical concepts, and data and trend analysis
- Ability to independently perform data analysis in excel; analytical skills and ability to synthesize data and communicate insights to management
- Ability to communicate information clearly, both verbally and in writing
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree a plus
- At least seven (7) years of relevant work experience in a Billing, Collections, or related Revenue Operations role, experience in SAAS/ Fintech billing a major plus as well as previous experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience managing SAAS customer Billing & Operations functions
- Experience managing a team of direct reports, and leading cross-functional teams
- Experience interpreting data sets and performing financial reconciliations
- Experience establishing or improving standard operating procedures
- Proficiency with complex data analysis in Microsoft Excel
Please feel free to apply to this position even if you do not meet 100% of the requirements listed above.
Why you will love working at Human Interest
Mission - Highly collaborative startup dedicated to supporting employee engagement and growth. It’s an opportunity to help solve one of the biggest unsolved problems in America: saving for retirement.
Culture - Our operating principles define how we come together as a team to do our work. They reflect Human Interest’s unique view on what’s important and what’s right. Documenting this core aspect of our culture helps employees make good decisions on their own. It also helps candidates considering career opportunities critically evaluate whether they will thrive at Human Interest.
- Customer obsession
- Long-term orientation
- Autonomous and accountable teams
- An escalating bar for talent and performance
- Fundamental optimism
Compensation - The salary range target for the role seniority described in this job description is $160,000 - $180,000. Final offer amounts depend on multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise, geographic location, compensation/equity mix, and market data. This position may also be eligible for additional incentives such as equity awards, short-term incentives, or sales compensation.
- A great 401(k) plan: Our own! Our 401(k) includes a dollar-for-dollar employer match up to 4% of compensation (immediately vested) and $0 plan fees
- Top-of-the-line health plans, as well as dental and vision insurance
- Generous PTO and parental leave policies
- Lyra - Enhanced Mental Heath Support for Employees and dependents
- Carrot - Fertility healthcare and family forming benefits
- Candidly - Student loan resource to help you and your family plan, borrow, and repay student debt
- Monthly work-from-home stipend; annual wellness stipend
- Employee Resource Groups including Veterans, Lift Ev’ry Voice, Pride, LatinX, Families, and Women in Tech
- Fun online and regional events and celebrations and department and company offsites
- The vast majority of our positions can be 100% remote
About Human Interest:
We’re a high-growth, Series D-funded company that’s changing the retirement industry. Named one of America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes, one of the Best Places to Work by Built In, and a Top Company by Y Combinator, We’ve raised $500M and are backed by leading investors, including Blackrock, TPG (The Rise Fund), SoftBank, Glynn Capital, NewView Capital, USVP, Wing, Uncork, and others.
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, pregnancy, or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Human Interest employees must adhere to the Company’s security policies and Code of Ethics.
Please note Human Interest does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider resumes from vendors including and without limitation search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services, and recruiting agencies. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We comply with CCPA guidelines. See more: https://humaninterest.com/disclosures