Human Interest is on a mission to ensure that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits.
Nearly half of all working Americans are not saving enough for their future. Too often it’s because they are employed by a company that doesn’t offer a retirement plan. Human Interest is changing that by making it affordable and accessible for small and medium-sized businesses to offer employees a path to financial independence through retirement savings.
Human Interest is currently seeking a highly-motivated, Risk Analyst with a background in internal audits and testing of controls. This person will join our Risk Team and play a key role in our continued growth and operational excellence. In this role you will have an opportunity to help shape a rapidly-evolving program within Human Interest supporting the identification, treatment and ongoing monitoring of risk elements. We seek people who are committed to our mission-focused approach and want to learn the best risk practices from experienced intelligent professionals and thought leaders. Candidates for this position should have the relevant experience and can get to the root of a problem and are familiar with frameworks such as NIST 800-53, SOC2, ISO27001, and/or PCI-DSS, while staying on top of privacy and data protection laws such as CCPA, GDPR and GLBA.
What you get to do every day
- Perform data-driven evaluation of internal controls to ensure compliance with documented and approved standards in preparation for SOC audit
- Interact and liaise with internal stakeholders to identity key controls and coordinate appropriate measurement efforts for process improvement
- Assess and document application risks, system risks, process risks, data risks, and address these risks with applicable general controls and recommend solutions for critical areas
- Support the buildout of the ERM program, including execution of processes in support of key ERM activities: ERM design and implementation; enterprise risk identification, evaluation and response, and emerging risk identification and reporting
- Apply sound judgment and comply with firm policies on handling sensitive data and confidential data
What you bring to the role
- At least two years of experience with audit and familiarity with NIST 800-53 framework and exposure to security assurance and trust frameworks
- Experience in assessing and documenting risk
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Ability to work with energy, enthusiasm, detail orientation to produce high quality deliverables in fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to communicate effectively in a clear and concise manner with both technical and non-technical audiences. Be able to receive candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity
- Ability to pivot on the fly. Risk is always evolving, and so are our priorities. Strong organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize will be a plus
- Fearlessness in owning a problem, as an opportunity for growth
- Be able to critically and objectively analyze problems and facilitate solutions
- Develop and follow directions with a great degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Effectively communicate with internal and external parties
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Bachelor’s Degree in any Business discipline, and/or relevant experience with scalable risk initiatives
Please feel free to apply to this position even if you do not meet 100% of the requirements listed above.
Why you will love working at Human Interest
Mission - Highly collaborative startup dedicated to supporting employee engagement and growth. It’s an opportunity to help solve one of the biggest unsolved problems in America: saving for retirement.
Culture - Our operating principles define how we come together as a team to do our work. They reflect Human Interest’s unique view on what’s important and what’s right. Documenting this core aspect of our culture helps employees make good decisions on their own. It also helps candidates considering career opportunities critically evaluate whether they will thrive at Human Interest.
- Customer obsession
- Long-term orientation
- Autonomous and accountable teams
- An escalating bar for talent and performance
- Fundamental optimism
Compensation - The salary range target for the role seniority described in this job description is $90,000 - $110,000. Final offer amounts depend on multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise, geographic location, compensation/equity mix, and market data. This position may also be eligible for additional incentives such as equity awards, short-term incentives, or sales compensation.
- A great 401(k) plan: Our own! Our 401(k) includes a dollar-for-dollar employer match up to 4% of compensation (immediately vested) and $0 plan fees
- Top-of-the-line health plans, as well as dental and vision insurance
- Generous PTO and parental leave policies
- Lyra - Enhanced Mental Heath Support for Employees and dependents
- Carrot - Fertility healthcare and family forming benefits
- Candidly - Student loan resource to help you and your family plan, borrow, and repay student debt
- Monthly work-from-home stipend; annual wellness stipend
- Employee Resource Groups including Veterans, Lift Ev’ry Voice, Pride, LatinX, Families, and Women in Tech
- Fun online and regional events and celebrations and department and company offsites
- The vast majority of our positions can be 100% remote
About Human Interest:
We’re a high-growth, Series D-funded company that’s changing the retirement industry. Named one of America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes, one of the Best Places to Work by Built In, and a Top Company by Y Combinator, we’ve raised $500M and are backed by leading investors, including Blackrock, TPG (The Rise Fund), SoftBank, Glynn Capital, NewView Capital, USVP, Wing, Uncork, and others.
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, pregnancy, or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Human Interest employees must adhere to the Company’s security policies and Code of Ethics.
Please note Human Interest does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider resumes from vendors including and without limitation search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services, and recruiting agencies. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We comply with CCPA guidelines. See more: https://humaninterest.com/disclosures